Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Peek at our Bundle of Joy!

Well, it looks like this blog will finally live up to its name! If you didn't catch the last post, we're expecting! :) I am just bubbling over with excitement! It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do keeping it a secret for as long as we did. And now it feels so wonderful to be able to share it with you!

I am currently 10 weeks and 4 days along.  Our little peanut is the size of a lime! :)  He/she is growing fast.  My official due date is April 28th and thank goodness for that!  I always hear being pregnant during the winter is so much easier, especially here in SC where our winters are mild and our summers are ridiculously HOT.

I know they say you should wait until after the first trimester to tell people, but honestly I think that is a personal decision.  No one can tell you when the right time is for you.  I was on the fence about it for a while.  We knew we wanted to tell our parents as soon as possible because we would need their support and advice no matter the outcome.  We wanted to tell them in person, so we ended up waiting a few weeks after we took the HPT until we could arrange a trip to hometown.  I'll share how we told them in a later post.

At first I was determined to keep everyone else in the dark until 12 weeks.  But, after we saw our little one and heard his/her heartbeat, I knew it was time to share.  The more people who knew, the more people who could be praying for this life I am so blessed to be allowed to carry.  I'll share how we announced it to the rest of the world soon.  Once the cat was out of the bag, it was a huge relief.  No more being cautious with what we said in front of people, no more worrying someone would spill the beans.  It was wonderful!  And the support from everyone has been amazing.

We had our first appointment at 8 weeks and were able to have some ultrasound photos taken.  Hubby also recorded the heartbeat on his phone.  We listen to it whenever we have the inkling.  It is just such a miracle. :)  Our next appointment is in a couple of weeks.  I am trying to enjoy everything as it happens but I am also really anxious for our 20 week appointment to find out the gender.  So far the majority think it is going to be a precious baby girl, but my Mom is convinced it is going to be a sweet baby boy.  We shall see!  We will find out in December.  It seems like forever!

And here is a little peek at our sweet bundle!





Memoirs of a Munchkin Mommy

7 comments:

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

OMG! I must have missed your last post! CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you both!!!! :) :) :)

Cole said...

Look at that little bean!!!! I think it's a girl!

There's No Place Like Memphis Mama said...

Yay!!!

sprinkles said...

Congrats, I'm so excited for you!

Cary Dale Taylor said...

Yay!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!

Don and Diana said...

Very cute Tiffany
I had a son born April 23rd and it is a perfect time to have a baby. Loved it. Again congrats

Diana and Jazzi

sprinkles said...

Stopping by again to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!