Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Craigslist Find

The weekend before my birthday, I was doing a little deal searching on Craiglist as I like to do from time to time. I usually search for furniture pieces with potential that I can take on as a project to refinish (although I have yet to find the pieces I need/want to refinish). Normally the pickings are slim. But, that weekend I stumbled across a post for a refurbished antique nightstand. Since we are definitely in need of nightstands for every bedroom in the house, I checked it out. My excitement was pretty much instant. The picture attached said it all. The robin's egg blue had me at hello. And then I spotted a note at the bottom of the description stating that a very similar but as yet unfinished piece was also available.

I emailed the poster immediately and expressed my interest. She got back to me very quickly letting me know that both pieces were still available and I jumped on it. Hubby picked up the first piece that next week while I was at work and had it already in place and the drawers filled by the time I got home. Can I just say I LOVE!

The second one still had to be refinished and I told her to take her time.  We weren't in any hurry.  About a week later hubby picked up the second one while I was at work.  I can't tell you how awesome it felt to walk into our bedroom and see a set of nightstands flanking our bed. :)

And here they are!



They aren't identical but they are similar enough.  And I'm not a matchy-matchy person anyway.  I love pieces of furniture that have beautiful lines and coordinate but dont' necessarily "match".  The first one is on my side of the bed.  It looks more "girly" to me and the second one looks a little more manly so that one is on hubby's side.  It works out well!

No 'poo update tomorrow (hopefully)!

Memoirs of a Munchkin Mommy

5 comments:

Cole said...

Oh, I like them!! Very nice!

Cary Dale Taylor said...

I love them!!!

sprinkles said...

Very pretty! My nightstands match but aren't nearly as pretty. They're just plain brown.

There's No Place Like Memphis Mama said...

Very cute!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Those nightstands are SO CUTE! I check Craigslist everyday, you never know what deal you might find!