Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

I am completely amazed that I am actually doing a weekend wrap-up on a Monday!  That's a rarity for me it seems.  I was so crazy busy last week that I didn't have much time for blogging.  This week I hope will allow me just a few moments to breathe!

This weekend was pretty full.  It started with leaving work early on Friday for something potentially very important.  I may be able to fill you in on that later.  We'll see how it goes.  After finishing packing and loading up the car, it was finally off to hometown.  We stopped over at SIL's new place on the way to my Mom's to check out the latest improvements.  They have been working on it non-stop to get it ready before the wedding.  They had to replace spots in the floor and walls, put in new flooring, strip wallpaper and/or repaint, etc.  It's been a lot of work but it seems to be coming together now.  MIL and SIL's future MIL were there stripping wallpaper so we visited with them for a bit before heading to my Mom's house.

Saturday I had two photo shoots.  Saturday morning I had another shoot with Gib.  He's too cute and he is finally opening his eyes when I'm around!  That little stinker wouldn't open his eyes for anything during our first shoot.  Saturday evening I had a shoot in Florence.  It was for an adorable little baby's 1st birthday.  Her party is next weekend so I have to work super fast to get some pictures ready to print before then.  We didn't get back to my Mom's until around 8:30pm and I was exhausted!  I watched "He's Just Not That Into You" with my mom and then it was bedtime.

Sunday I was supposed to have another photo shoot with my friend C and her little girl T, but T didn't sleep very well and needed a nap.  So we rescheduled for next weekend. Hubby had some things he needed to do before we came back home so I let him take the car and I hung out at my Mom's with my brothers and edited photos.  When hubby finally returned, we loaded up the car and made a stop by SIL's place again to help SIL's future husband with some electrical issues.  Then we stopped by MIL's house to clip Beemer & Jewels' nails.  After that it was finally homeward bound!

It was fabulous to be home.  Hubby whipped up a yummy pizza (no marinara, just EVOO) and then we called it a night.  I was NOT looking forward to getting up this morning and coming in to work.  I seriously considered calling in sick, but I have to save up my PTO for SIL's wedding and hubby's colonoscopy on Nov. 1st.

I was supposed to go try on my bridemaids' dress on Saturday but I didn't get the chance.  Hopefully I'll be able to go by this Saturday and get that out of the way.

Oh and I didn't forget to take a picture of my wreath.  I really DID take a picture but for some strange reason the pictures look weird.  I'll retake them and this time I won't be in such a rush!

Memoirs of a Munchkin Mommy

3 comments:

DSS said...

It seems like we all had fun filled weekends!!! That pizza sounds Yummmm.....

sprinkles said...

Busy weekend!

How did your appointment go on Friday? I almost emailed you this weekend but I figured you'd let me know when you were ready.

I have TWO interviews scheduled this week.

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

You've been busy! What a great couple of weekends you've had! :)