Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesdays at the Table




For this week's Tuesdays At The Table, as hosted by the lovely Cole, I am sharing my version of my Mama's spaghetti.  For most of you (i.e. those NOT living in SC), the temperatures are beginning to cool down a bit and if you're a foodie like me, that means breaking out the cold weather chilis, soups, stews, etc.  My Mama's spaghetti is always a favorite for me when it gets cold outside.  Although we're not there yet here in Charleston, hopefully our full week of fall will be here soon!

Mama's Spaghetti (with meat sauce)

Ingredients

- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 med yellow onion, chopped
- 1 med green bell pepper, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- Onion Powder, to taste
- Italian seasoning, approximately 1 tsp
- 1 tbsp Worchestershire
- 1 tbsp A-1 sauce
- 1 pkg McCormick Chili seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings (drained)
- 1 can Italian tomato paste (small)
- 6 dashes of Texas Pete
- 4 dashes of Ms. Dash, appoximately 1-2 tsp
- 1 large container of tomato juice

Directions
Heat large pot to medium heat. Add hamburger. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Cook until brown. Drain grease from hamburger and return to pot. Add in chopped onions and bell pepper; cook until soft. Add Worchestershire, A-1 sauce, McCormick Chili seasoning, diced tomatoes; stir. Add tomato paste, Texas Pete, and Ms. Dash; stir. Add tomato juice to desired consistency. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over angel hair or spaghetti pasta.


As you can plainly see, I'm not big on measuring.  When I cook, I mostly eyeball it, especially if it isn't my first time making a dish.  So, everything here is relative.  You use as much salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, Ms. Dash, Texas Pete, etc. that you wish to suit your tastes.  After all, taste is subjective!

Now, mosey on over to Cole's blog and see what everyone else is cooking.

Photobucket 

1 comment:

sprinkles said...

Yummy, I looooooove me some sketti!

Still waitin' on that ranch recipe.