Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesdays at the Table




For this week's Tuesdays At The Table, as hosted by the lovely Cole, I am sharing mine and hubby's recipe for Banana-less Banana pudding. Yes, I know most of you are thinging WHAT??!! Are you nuts? And no, I'm not. I love the banana flavor but I absolutely 100% abhor bananas themselves. And there is nothing worse than biting into a nice yummy bite of banana pudding and being met with a mushy, gushy yucky piece of banana. Gross. And honestly, I don't think the flavor changes AT ALL. But that could be because I've always picked around the bananas when forced to eat banana pudding that actually contained bananas. Again, gross. So in my house, it is blasphemy to put bananas in banana pudding. Here is the recipe we use.

(Please ignore my dirty stove. I took this picture while we were still preparing dinner and I didn't think to give it a quick wipe before snapping away.)



Banana-less Banana Pudding
Ingredients
- 1 large box of instant vanilla or banana pudding
- 3 cups milk (to mix up the pudding)
- 1 box of Nilla wafers
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix up the pudding with the milk according to the package directions. Whip the heavy cream until fairly stiff peaks form. Add in the sugar and vanilla extract and mix well. Fold in your pudding mixture. Line the bottom of a glass bowl or container with Nilla wafers (I prefer using the broken or misshapen pieces so my top pieces are all pretty). Place a nice layer of pudding mixture on top of that, making sure to smooth it out. Add another layer of Nilla wafers and another layer of pudding. Finally, add your final layer of Nilla wafers. If you like your cookies crunchy then dig in right away. But, if you're like me and like your cookies a little on the softer side, refrigerate for at least an hour before eating.

Trust me, it's delish! And there ARE ways to make it healthier. You can use sugar-free pudding, fat-free or low fat milk, and/or Stevia or Truvia instead of sugar. Hey, every little bit helps. :)

Now, mosey on over to Cole's blog and see what everyone else is cooking.

------------------------

I am hoping to share my photos from the baby shower tomorrow so stay tuned for that. I gave you a little taste on Wordless Wednesday last week. :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

mommaof3 said...

that looks so good

Cole said...

YUMMY!!

sprinkles said...

That actually looks really good!

I do like bananas and bought some recently but for some reason, didn't eat them. I noticed they were kinda getting brown and gross looking so I picked them up to throw them out today and they were DRIPPING!!! So gross!

Still waiting for your ranch recipe!