Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Catching Up

I feel like I am constantly playing a game of catch up these days.  It's bordering on ridiculous but I guess it is what it is.  Things have been nutso for me lately, pretty much on par for the rest of this year too.  I'll update you quickly and hopefully I can move on to REAL blogging soon.

You already know Baby Gib was born on Friday, September 10th via c-section.  Everything is going good with him and his mommy.  They are home and are trying to get into a routine.

Last week was crazy at work for me.  We are in a serious downward trend at work and it has everyone stressed.  Most people don't have much, if anything, to do to fill their days.  But, that doesn't apply to me.  It seems even when business isn't good, I'm still swamped.  Despite all that, the company is currently implementing emergency measures to keep the doors open.  Can you say SCARY?  I've always known I would only be doing this temporarily, but I'm not at a point yet where I can lose my income and go back to school.  Hubby has to get a better job than the one he has now in order for that to happen.  I am stressed big time, but I know everything happens for a reason.  So, if things turn out badly for our company, I know there is something else out there waiting for me.  I just have to find it.

Friday was my Nanny's 61st birthday.  The fam came down to Charleston to meet us for dinner.  It was nice to have dinner together and celebrate her birthday.  My boo came and was able to stay overnight with us.  I love it when he and I can spend time together.

Saturday, I had a photoshoot scheduled with Baby Gib.  The photoshoot still happened, but Baby Gib wasn't a very happy baby that day.  His circumcision incision (I think that's redundant but oh well) busted open in one spot (totally normal) on Friday, so he wasn't feeling so hot on Saturday.  He mostly just wanted to be held, eat, and sleep.  Despite that, I still managed to get some pictures and the next time we are in town, I'll be snapping a few more.

Sunday was a day of rest at the Munchkin casa.  Thank goodness!  Yesterday we got some not so great news.  Hubby noticed some sort of bug bite on the back of his hand weekend before last.  He thought it was just an ant bite and didn't think too much about it, until early that next week when it started to get worse.  It was looking like a poisonous spider bite or a severe infection.  After much prodding and convincing, he finally went to the doctor to get it checked out.  They started him on antibiotics and took a culture.  We didn't get the results of the culture until yesterday.  The diagnosis freaked me out initially, but after combing my memory banks and talking to the doctor, I'm not so freaked out.  In fact, I'm not worried about it at all.  I would share but I really don't want to get you Googling and grossing you out (because what you see and read on Google are the extremes and NOT the norms).  So, if you're that curious and you just have to know, email me and I'll fill you in.

Needless to say, hubby hasn't been catching a break.  This entire year has been non-stop ER visits, doctor visits, invasive testing, and medication.  Universe, I think its time you give us a break.  Pretty please??!!

Friday I have a consultation for a newborn shoot and a family shoot.  Keep your fingers crossed that I get both jobs...or at least one!  Pictures from Baby Gib's birth and newborn shoot coming soon.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Cole said...

Oh my! You and Dru are due for some good luck!! I hope he's feeling better.

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Tiffany, 2011 is just around the corner and it has just GOT to be a better year for you and Dru....hang in there!

Hugs, Nadine

Don and Diana said...

Tiffany
Seems like when it rains, it pours!! I too had a bad summer, with going on vacation in May to Texas, ended up in ER and had 2 surgeries there and one more at home. I am about 95% now, so doing much better. I have heard that you just have to take it day by day and just do what you can.

Just pray that your job wont come to an end. It is scary these days!! Keep hanging in there ok?


Diana

Dana the wedDing JunkiE said...

Shew I know all about trying to catch up on things!