Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Baby Shower Photos

At the end of August, I had the pleasure of co-hosting a baby shower for my aunt (my Mom's youngest sister). This aunt and I grew up together, and being only five years apart, were always very close. So, when we found out she was having another baby, and a boy at that, I was beyond thrilled. I offered to do her maternity photos and she accepted. We had such a fun shoot and we came out with a fantastic photo to use for her shower invitations. They were a HUGE hit. When her sister asked if I wanted to help host the shower, it didn't even require a thought.

So, I was in charge of having the invitations made and also in charge of the fruit dip. I brought along strawberries because you can't have amaretto dip without strawberries. Perish the thought! I decided to bring along my camera and snap some pictures. Good thing I did because the momy-to-be didn't pick up either of her cameras once during the whole shower.

Here are some photos I took before the shower. AK's room is such a bright, beautiful shade of purple and the lighting in there is gorgeous. I can't wait until her room is 100% done so I can take some photos of this sweet girl in her purple palace.


This is AK. You might remember her from the maternity photos.



This is AM. I love photographing her too. Isn't she adorable?




AK and P in the play closet.

After checking out AK's room and the new nursery, we all went back to greet our guests. And the party started rolling VERY quickly.


This photo I shared on Wordless Wednesday last week. This is my cousin Brooke holding Charlee, my aunt's SIL's youngest girl. Talk about a gorgeous chubby baby!


AM and her grandma. She doesn't even look old enough to be a grandma, does she?


AK enjoying the party.


Aunt's SIL & her middle child.


And here's the mommy. Isn't she positively radiant? No photoshopping here ladies, this is au naturale.


The gift table at the start of the party. Do you see the photos back there. They're mine, thank you very much. :)

Veggie tray!

Yummy in my tummy fruit bowl!

Gobs and gobs of food.



Cutie patootie P.









And yes, it was super yummy.











This is H. She is my 2nd cousins' baby. This was my first time seeing her.

This little guy was too adorable. He belongs to a friend of mine from high school.

Aunt's SIL's middle child.

The gift table at the end of the party.



Yowzer!


It was most definitely a successful party. The turn-out was insane. Over 75 people were invited (not including the entire church) and my aunt's house was packed! The shower was a drop-in but everyone dropped-in at the same time! There was not even standing room left. But it was tons of fun. I got to see some family and friends I haven't seen in a long time.

All the while I was at the shower, hubby was at SIL's new place helping paint and remodel...with no air conditioning. No air conditioning + SC = NOT GOOD. I stopped by after the shower and luckily they were finishing up. :) Once the AC is hooked up, I will definitely help out. But not a moment before. (In all honesty, I can't help without AC. I get heat stroke VERY easily.)

I am shooting my first birth on Friday! I am so excited. My aunt is scheduled to be induced on Friday morning. The family will be keeping me up to date on how far she is dilated so that when it gets close, I can leave work and pop on over there. I can't wait. In a family that is overrun with females, it is so exciting to add another male to the mix! :) Keep your fingers crossed that the lighting conditions are favorable. I would hate to use my stinky old flash. I HATE using a flash. It's much too harsh. But, I do have some tricks up my sleeve if it becomes necessary.

Photobucket

1 comment:

sprinkles said...

How fun! The last baby shower I went to, there were more people there than I think I've ever met in my entire life!!!