Monday, August 9, 2010

Trying to Get Back into the Swing of Things...

I swear I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I am trying desperately to catch up on blogs and blog posting but I am failing miserably at the moment. But please know I AM trying! I really hope to get back on my feet in the blog world very soon.

With that out of the way, I have LOTS to catch you all up on. I hope ya'll haven't abandoned me! I'm still reading and trying to catch up even though I'm commenting on all of your blogs. In order to keep the blog posts from being too terribly long, I'm going to catch you up in batches.

I guess the best place to start is our staycation. I never did tell ya'll about that. Well today you are getting a crash course!

Friday at 5:00pm marked the beginning of our week-long staycation here in good ole' Charleton, South Carolina and it was blissful! We took it easy Friday night and spent time together and with the Munchkins.


Saturday and Sunday were beach days at IOP. One of those days, I can't remember which, we hit up our fave Mexican restaurant for lunch. So yummy! I had a chicken fajita quesadilla with rice and a guacamole salad. Yummo!

Monday we went back to the beach (don't worry, I always wear sunscreen!) and took the Munchkins along. Then it was off to Summerville (about 20-30 minutes away) to pick up our new coffee table. We stopped by Marble Slab Creamery on our way out and got a couple of cones (cheesecake for me and coffee for hubby). Our new coffee table looks great in our living room!

Tuesday it was off to a doctor's appointment. It was to try and get some help about managing my migraines. For those who don't know, I have severe debilitating migraines and in the last 3 years or so, I have been getting them nearly every day. They would start around 3:00pm on most week days and would be full blown by the time I got home from work. I wasn't able to function at all with them (they are light-sensitive, noise sensitive, make me nauseated and dizzy, etc.). I was prescribed medicine several years ago that never really worked. So my appointment that Tuesday was successful in starting me on a new preventative treatment. (So far so good!) After the appointment it was on to dinner and a movie at Cinebarre. We saw Knight and Day with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. I had the Moonsticks with ranch dressing and the Cineburger and hubby had the Rocky.

Wednesday was our 3rd wedding anniversary. I began my new migraine treatment the night before and I was very tired the next morning so we took it easy. I was better by dinnertime and we went out to dinner at Magnolia. We had the Housemade Potato Chips with crumbled blue cheese and scallions to start. Hubby had the Parmesan Crusted Flounder over jasmine rice and creek shrimp pirloo with sweet corn, tomato, and asaparagus salad, lump crab, and a lemon beurre blanc. I had the Benne Seed Crusted Mahi Mahi with black-eyed pea cakes, sweet corn puree, fried okra, and green tomato chow chow. For dessert we shared the Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee with chocolate chip espresso biscotti. It was all delish.

Thursday is a blur. I honestly don't remember what we did. Same goes for Friday. All I know is that Thursday, Friday, and Saturday it was HOT HOT HOT. The heat index was insane. It was just too hot to do much of anything outside of the house.

Saturday, I had a photo shoot. It was hot, but by the time the shoot rolled around, it was cooling off. The shoot was for my aunt's maternity photos. I took pictures of her, her belly of course, and her with her husband and daughter. It was a lot of fun. We took them on Sullivan's Island at Station 22. It's such a gorgeous stretch of beach! After the shoot, we went to eat at my fave family-owned joint, Page's Okra Grill. I had the seafood platter with flounder, a large crabcake, 8 medium-sized shrimp, french fries, and fried okra as the app. It never disappoints!

Sunday we took it easy since it was our last day together before going back to work. We ordered in from Tsunami for dinner. I don't remember what I had but I do remember it was yummy!

All in all, it was a fabulous staycation. We got lots of much-needed rest and quality time together. We were definitely sad to see it end.

More catching up posts to follow this week.

Photobucket

2 comments:

DSS said...

Staycations can be the absolute best can't they? Sounds like you had a lovely one, and happy "belated" anniversary!!!

I hadn't a clue about your migraines, but so glad to hear about your new treatment :)

sprinkles said...

Did you write down what you had to eat every day? LOL You have a very good memory. I can barely remember what I ate yesterday.

I knew you had migraines but I didn't realize the severity of it. I'm glad you're getting treatment for them now and I hope that it helps. I don't get them all the time but I've had some doozies and that's not something I'd wish on anyone.