Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Maternity Shoot

I had the pleasure of taking maternity photos for my aunt while we were on staycation. My aunt (although it feels wierd calling her that since we're only 5 years apart) wanted to have the shoot on the beach and she wanted the pictures to sort of double as family photos too. I decided Sullivan's Island beach would be the perfect place. Stations 21 and 22 have such a gorgeous stretch of beach that its hard NOT to have a shoot there.

On Saturday, my aunt and her family met me at my house. They changed into their outfits and then followed us to the location. The heat index that day was well over 100 degrees but thankfully by the time we got there, with the breeze off of the ocean and all, it was much more tolerable.

My adorable little cousin, AK, is 2 years old so we weren't sure how the shoot would go but it went amazingly well. I mostly just let AK do her thing and worked with her. Small children are best captured candidly anyway. That's when they shine.

I'm not going to post all of the photos because you would be here all day waiting for the page to load and then it would take you forever to get through them all (there are over 300). So I picked out some of my favorites to share. I had so much fun doing this shoot!





























































One of the photos is even going to be used for her shower invitations and thank you notes! I'm so excited that I get to be a part of that as well.

After the shoot, we all went to dinner together at my favorite family-owned restaurant, Page's Okra Grill, and then my aunt and her family had to head back home. It was fun while it lasted though! Not too long after the day of the shoot, she was placed on bed rest. Now it is just a waiting game to find out when the little man while make his appearance. Of course I will be there at the hospital to take photos of him with Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, Nanny, etc. after his arrival. I can't wait!

Photobucket

7 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

I didn't realize you were a photographer! These are great shots. What are your rates? I'd love to do some new pics of Cooper.

Kerr said...

you are a great photographer!

Jenna said...

OH How I wish I lived at the beach!! I love the photo frame photo! Cute Idea!!

DSS said...

As always...absolutely beautiful :) I kept saying "ooohhh...that's my favorite. oh no...wait..THAT's my favorite." About 10 of them are my favorite, and that is NEVER a bad thing!

Draco and his Mom said...

Simply beautiful portraits Tiffany.
She will be so happy to have these as time goes on.

sprinkles said...

Great shots! It looks like it was a fun day at the beach.

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Those pictures came out FANTASTIC! I love every single one of them! I can see that you're going to be very successful with this!

Hugs, Nadine