Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Bit Better

Still not a real post today but it's all I can really manage right now.

The good news is, hubby is starting to get better. I'm not ready to type the whole ordeal out yet because I am still very upset about it, but hopefully I will be able to tell you all about it soon. It is good information for everyone who trusts their doctor to know. I will say that this reaction could have 100% been preventable if proper procedure had been used regarding my husband's care.

I did not take any pictures of him because I thought it would gross most of you out. It was pretty yucky to look at, but it is so greatly improved today. Yesterday was definitely the worst so from here he should continue to improve. Suffice it to say that he looked like a very bumpy, splotchy, cooked lobster with very little "normal" skin peeking through. Yeah...not pretty.

He isn't feeling 100% but we are hoping that by tomorrow or Thursday, he'll be feeling a lot better. The good news I wanted to share with you was put on hold because of this reaction. However, I will share soon. I promise!

Thanks to those of you who commented yesterday with kind words, thoughts, and prayers. It is very much appreciated.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Oh I'm so glad he's doing better!!! And trust me...I don't trust doctors one bit. I've had plenty of experiences. I hate that y'all had to go through this. :(

sprinkles said...

Wow, it sounds really bad! I'm so sorry for poor Dru! Hope he's feeling better and that his skin has returned to normal. It doesn't sound fun.

I'm guessing your good news is either that you're pregnant or that you're finally going to attend medical school.