Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table



For this week's Tuesdays At The Table, as hosted by the lovely Cole, I am sharing a recipe by the adorable Rachael Ray that I adapted for my flounder last week. Oh, and might I add that my cutie pie of a husband caught said flounder for me the previous weekend. There's nothing better than freshly caught flounder!

Parmesan-Crusted Flounder
Ingredients
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley (I used fresh parsley from my herb garden)
- 4 flounder filets
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 lemon

Preheat the oven to 400°. In a shallow dish, combine the cheese with the paprika and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the fish with olive oil and dredge in the cheese mixture. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake until the fish is opaque in the thickest part, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve the fish with the lemon wedges.

Now, mosey on over to Cole's blog and see what everyone else is cooking.

-----------------------------

Also, a question was asked of me in my formspring box (in the right sidebar) by an anonymous questioner. This person asked: "Was "The Beach House" any good? I saw it at the store the other day and looked it over but didn't buy it."

To answer your question anonymous, I thought "The Beach House" by Mary Alice Monroe was a very good book. I read it a few months ago (I am so bad about updating my books in my sidebar) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is set at the Isle of Palms, which for those of you who don't know, is in South Carolina. It's a hop, skip, and a short jump away from downtown Charleston. It is also the beach that I visit just about every weekend. We are very fond of IOP beach. I love reading books set in the South, especially those set in South Carolina. The books are most often about places here that are near and dear to my heart and that fact makes them so much more enjoyable.

So, yes, if you are looking for an easy beach read, I absolutely recommed this book to you. Happy reading!

Any more questions? If so, feel free to ask away in the comments or in the formspring box in my right sidebar.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

YUM!!!! I've been trying to find new fish recipes and this one sounds wonderful!!!! Thanks for the recipe! :)

Also thanks for recommending The Beach House!!! I looove reading books that are set near where I live so I can't wait to read this one!

Cole said...

That sounds so good! I haven't had a good piece of fish in a long time!

sprinkles said...

I hate fish but I'm wondering how this might taste on chicken.

Thanks for answering my question about The Beach House. Don't have any $ to pick it up but maybe I'll stop by the library and borrow a copy!

Dip-Dip and The Bridge said...

That sounds really delicious, definitely one to try!
Lynne

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

YUM-O!!

I actually make this with panko bread crumbs and the cheese mixed together. Actually, panko bread crumbs and parm cheese are good for anything, it's what I use when I bake pork chops and it helps to keep them quite juicy!

Love Rachel Ray and all of her recipes. Not one recipe that I've tried has been a flop...yet!!