Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wedding Wednesday

For this week's Wedding Wednesday, I wanted to share a little taste of our flowers with you all. Our flowers were AMAZING! They were everything I could have wanted and more. If you've reading for a while then you know that my MIL and SIL did the flowers for our wedding. That is something they do on the side (and we help) and I couldn't imagine anyone else doing them. It added more stress to the days leading up to the wedding and we were all super busy, but it worked out so amazingly well. We were up every night from Wednesday through Friday, until 2 am doing flowers and they were still going at it when hubby and I left at 2. Craziness but it was so worth it.

The bridesmaids' bouquets were mostly hydrangeas, stargazer and/or tiger lilies, and pink, yellow, and orange roses. They were gorgeous and very summery. My bouquet was most white calla lilies, with orange tiger lilies, fiery freesia, and white roses thrown in. Oh and let's not forget the coffee beans, which I LOVE (that's those little round green things for those who don't know).

The calla lilies were in rememberance of my great grandparents and hubby's fraternal grandparents. SIL and I also had little orange butterflies tucked into our bouquets in rememberance of a very dear friend of ours who died in a car accident that January. He would have been in our wedding as he was like a brother to all of us.

The mint julep cups were for the mothers and grandmothers. The white arrangements were for the grandmothers and the pink were for the mothers. My MIL used hubby's sterling silver baby cup instead, for hers, which I thought was so special.









Photobucket

4 comments:

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Oh WOW!!!!!!! Your flowers were pretty amazing!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful and I love the colors!!!! :)

sprinkles said...

I really like how everything had a special meaning behind it! I don't know if that's usual because I've never been married but if I ever were to marry, I'd want to do the same thing with my flowers.

Jenna said...

Oh wow those are BEAUTIFUL boquets!!! Love all orange lily's the best!! I had those too, they are my fav!!

Sallie said...

Gorgeous!

I hope you will come to our Hawaii party. Hope to see you there!