Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table



For this week's Tuesdays At The Table, as hosted by the lovely Cole, I am sharing a recipe that I got from a South Beach Diet Cookbook a few years back. I haven't made it in ages (mostly because of hubby's intestinal issues), but I'm in the mood for it right now! We were quite fond of this recipe and we normally paired it with sauteed or roasted vegetables and a slice of whole grain garlic bread. The best part is that it's healthy but it certainly doesn't taste healthy!

Chicken Capri
Ingredients
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese.
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 4 slices reduced-fat mozzarella cheese

Directions
In a blender or food processor, combine the ricotta with the oregano, salt, and pepper. (I don't have a food processor...yet, so I just use a handheld blender and it was super easy and quick.) Process to blend. Rub the chicken with the garlic powder. (I also seasoned the chicken with onion powder because we use it in just about everything.) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 12 minutes per side. Place the chicken breasts, side by side, in a large baking dish and allow to cool. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spoon ¼ cup of the cheese mixture and ¼ cup tomatoes onto each chicken breast. Top each chicken breast with 1 slice mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of a breast registers 170°F and the juices run clear.

Now, mosey on over to Cole's blog and see what everyone else is cooking.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Amy said...

sounds wonderful..

Cole said...

Oh, that does sound good!!

Dory and the Mama said...

Sounds Delish!!

Dip-Dip and The Bridge said...

Mmm, I'm sure the chicken lovers in the family will love this one!
Lynne

sprinkles said...

I love that the recipes you post don't require a lot of ingredients and seem pretty easy. Oh, and most of them sound like ones I'd enjoy. Still waiting on your Ranch Dressing recipe.

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Yum!!! This looks tasty AND healthy! Perfect! :)

p.s. I left you an award on my blog!

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

I printed it out and it's going on next week's menu!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

This sounds great! I don't have a food processor either, I use my hand held one all the time. Much more fun too. I am printing this and will make it sometime and I'll be sure to link it back to you on my blog, thanks!

Jules said...

This sounds great and healthy for summer! Thanks for posting.