Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table



For this week's Tuesdays At The Table, as hosted by the lovely Cole, I am sharing a recipe that hubby and I adore. I am always looking for a healthier alternative to junk foods that we ocassionally enjoy. When I stumbled across this recipe for healthier chips, I fell in love. We love to slice up an eggplant and make these chips to eat with an assortment of different dishes. And they NEVER disappoint. The best part is, they are super easy! Give 'em a try and I'm sure you'll love them!

Eggplant Chips
- 1 eggplant, unpeeled
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings

Directions
Preheat oven to 375°F. Pour olive oil on cookie sheet and sprinkle with garlic powder. Swoosh the cookie sheet around to mix and coat the sheet well. Slice eggplant into 1/4” or 1/8” thick rounds, depending on your taste and kitchen tools. Place the eggplant slices on cookie sheet. Rub each slice into the olive oil and garlic powder-coated cookie sheet, then turn each slice over and rub around to coat the other side. Sprinkle lightly with half of the Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese. Turn over gently and sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness, on each side. (Turn over when brown on the bottom.)

Now, mosey on over to Cole's blog and see what everyone else is cooking.



Photobucket

5 comments:

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Oh wow!!! Those sound delicious!!! I would have never thought to make something like that!!! Thanks so much for this recipe. I'd like to try this out soon. :)

AndreaLeigh said...

Oh, I'm going to try this! I need some healthy snack options. Have you ever tried kale chips?

sprinkles said...

I've never tried eggplant so this recipe is kind of intriguing to me.

Cole said...

Those sound really different...and really GOOD!! :-)

Dip-Dip and The Bridge said...

That looks great for a vegetarian like me, definitely one to try, thanks Tiffany.
Lynne