Friday, May 21, 2010

Beachin' It

We're headed here again this weekend.



I just can't get enough of the beach! Which is saying a lot because I have always abhorred the sand. No, really. But I'm getting a lot better about it. It no longer makes my skin crawl...much. Ha ha. The Munchkins seem to enjoy it a lot too. They love laying in the sand and the sun. You can see pictures I took last weekend at the beach HERE.

We spent Saturday at IOP and Sunday at Breach Inlet on Sullivan's Island. I imagine we'll be doing the same this weekend. Hubby has begun insisting on going to Breach Inlet so he can fish. Typical. I like it though because not very many people go down there since you can't get in the water. I had the whole beach to myself for a good 45 minutes or so. It was SO nice! I wouldn't mind a repeat. We can't take the Munchkins there though. :(

Other than beachin' it, we probably won't be doing too terribly much. I'm sure we'll hit up the new Harris Teeter because they are having a fantastic sale. How said is it that a good grocery sale gets me excited??? Yeah, I know.

So we'll probably be taking it pretty easy this weekend since next weekend will most likely be crazy. We are going to hometown for my SIL's fiance's sister's high school graduation party. It is also Memorial Day weekend so I'm sure we'll be spending some time at the river or the pool.

Some friends of ours got engaged this week. I haven't heard the whole story yet but I'll definitely be getting it soon! They are from Northern Georgia but live here on James Island now. They are such a sweet couple and have very similar personalities to Dru and me. Zack has had the ring since a couple of weekends ago. The ring is an antique that was in her aunt's shop. She noticed it missing the following weekend and was SOOOO upset. It was so hard for everyone who knew to keep it a secret because she would tell anyone who would listen that her ring was gone. But she quickly figured it all out on Wednesday night. He took her down to the pineapple fountain (it's a Charleston thing). Her parents are in town for the week too so they were there roaming around (but not right with them). He asked her there. She is so excited that she has already started planning. I couldn't be happier for her and I can't wait to see the ring. I KNOW it's fab.

It seems like there are so many ladies out there in bloggy-land and here that are engaged. It makes me reminisce about my own wedding. This may spark a host of wedding-related posts...just so you are warned! Ha ha. I need to check in with my SIL to see how her planning is coming and see if there is anything she would like to delegate to me. I can't wait to go dress shopping with her!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Cole said...

That sounds like such a fun weekend! I can't wait for beach weather up here. :-)

Julie (brown eyed belle) said...

Yes! I'm coming to Myrtle Beach! Oh, I can't wait!! My family LOVES South Carolina!

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

I too cannot wait until beach weather up here! Though today in the city it is close to 85, down at the shoreline it's a lot cooler, so it's really not beach weather yet for us.

And yes, you definitely need to do a post on your wedding. Since I've only known you "after" you were married, I was never able to enjoy your wedding pictures!

Have a great weekend!

Hugs, Nadine

sprinkles said...

I'm feeling a little jealous! It had been beautiful weather here all week long and is still kinda today but a bit chilly. And then yesterday the weatherman forecasted freaking SNOW for tomorrow!!!!! Can you believe that? I live in a world of denial anyways so I'm just going to pretend that I'm at the beach under the hot sun with my little chi's and a cold drink. That'll make everything all better!

Kerri said...

Cute babies! :) Just wanted to say hi from your newest follower. I'm a Carolina mommy too-- though I'm in NC.