Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday At The Table



For this week's Tuesdays At The Table, as hosted by the lovely Cole, I am sharing a scrumptious pork dish that rocked my socks. Now, I'm not usually a fan of pork chops but since hubby is, I have been in search of recipes using pork that might be tasty enough to satisfy me. This recipe is definitely a keeper. And, it doesn't hurt that it's healthy too!


Dijon Pork Chops
1 cup whole-wheat or stone-ground breadcrumbs
1 tbs melted Smart Spread
2 tbs Dijon Mustard (divided)
2 tbs freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbs chopped parsley (optional)
6 boneless pork loin chops
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, butter, and 1 tablespoon of the mustard, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Spread the remaining Dijon mustard on one side of each chop and place the chops (plain side down) on a baking sheet. Divide the breadcrumb mixture among the chops and pat them into the mustard. Bake the chops until they are fully cooked and the breadcrumbs are nicely browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.

Normally I tweak a recipe after I try it the first time, but honestly, this was perfect just as it is. This dish would be lovely paired with some brown rice or a sweet potato and some yummy green beans. This would even been scrumptious with a leafy salad.

Now, mosey on over to Cole's blog and see what everyone else is cooking.


Photobucket

2 comments:

DSS said...

I need to remember to read these posts on Tuesday afternoons, rather than Tuesday mornings. They make my stomach growl :)

PS...I left you a little surprise on my blog!

sprinkles said...

This does sound good! I've never tried to make pork chops on my own.