Friday, April 30, 2010

Bowling Alley Birthday Bash

On Saturday, hubby and I ventured over to Moncks Corner for my little cousin MB's birthday party. It was a good 30 to 45 minute drive for us but since we needed to run by a couple of places in North Charleston, and it's only like a 15 to 20 minute drive from there, it seemed worth it to make the drive in order to see my family.


My Nanny, most of my aunts and their children, and my Mom and baby brother were all there. I think I was there for 15 minutes or more before my brother even realized I was there. And that was only because I walked up behind him and picked him up without warning. :)


The kids seemed to be having a blast bowling and playing in the tiny arcade. It wasn't a very big bowling alley but it worked for them.



My little cousin M


This is MB's little sister AM. Is she not the cutest darn thing you've ever seen?



I could pinch those adorable little cheeks!



M throwing (and I do mean throwing) her ball down the lane.



M and MB's cousin E



This is my sweet little baby cousin AK. She has a baby brother on the way!



AM again being too stinkin' cute.



My boo trying to bowl. He actually finished with a better score than my husband, my mom, and my stepdad!


My teensy Mommy trying to bowl. She started off good but it just got worse from there. You can't tell by this picture but she is only 5'0 tall (or less).


My stepdad. As you can see he is feeling MUCH better. Just as a comparison, he is over 6 feet tall. Odd pair, no?


All the kiddies watching the ball roll.


AK and her mommy. AK's mommy is my aunt L and we're only 5 years apart in age.


Hubby bowling with Mom and my stepdad.


Time for pizza!


Boo being silly.




Is she not just the cutest darn thing?


The birthday girl, MB (in the purple), and my Boo.




Let them eat cake!


Isn't she just precious? Honestly she is one of the most well-behaved kids I've ever met!

It was nice to see my family, especially since I haven't seen most of them in a long while. When I get to the hometown for the weekend, I don't always make it around to see everyone. But with the summer nearly here, I'm sure I'll be seeing quite a lot of them at Nanny's house. We all like to hang out there on the sunny weekends and spend some time in the pool.

After the party, hubby and I headed to the mall. As most of you know, I despise the mall. But, unfortunately, the jewelry store near our house where hubby bought my sapphire ring closed and the only other one close by is at the mall. One of the small diamonds that surround the sapphire and that are set in the band fell out, like the very first day I got it back from being resized. So I had to take it back to have that fixed. What a pain. You would think they would do an inspection on the ring to make sure no stones are loose but apparently not.

After dropping my ring off, I needed to stop my Michaels to get supplies to make the Mother's Day gift I have in mind for my Mom. More on that later!

Then it was homeward bound to relax and enjoy the rest of our evening together.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! We are headed to the Charleston Dog Show tomorrow and hopefully on Sunday we'll be spending the day at the beach!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Looks like a blast!!!! Great picture taking there girl! You really captured the party well. I felt like I was there with ya'll! :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Go East Memphis Mama said...

That little girl with that bow on is so darn precious!!!

sprinkles said...

I didn't get to have birthday parties when I was a little kid. Looking at all these pictures makes me think of all the fun I missed out on. :(

That dog show sounds fun! And then a day at the beach sounds heavenly!!! It's been chilly here most of the week so I could really use a sunny day at the beach.

Breadwinner Wife said...

Bowling is so much fun! I need to suggest that to my sister, she has three little girls to throw birthday parties for every year and this is such a good idea!