Thursday, March 11, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

The pictures from this weekend are a no go. For some reason the computer doesn't want to read my memory card this week. Oh well, it's like I took all that many anyway.

After work on Friday I headed home to pick up the hubby and then headed downtown. Of course the parking garage was packed. We had to drive all the way up to the very top, where its not covered, in order to find a space. Luckily it was only 1 block away from our destination. Everyone was already at the Noisy Oyster. We joined them, I ordered a margarita, and then we pigged out on appetizers. Hubby and I had a little bit of Joe's calamari and we ordered gator tail and mozarella sticks (with ranch dressing of course). It was yummy! I followed that up with a house salad and another margarita, extra salt.

Then it was off to Kilwin's for our guests to get some yummy chocolate candy. The smells alone were fattening! Ha. After that it was off to the Market Street Saloon. Now, this isn't the sort of place that hubby and I frequent. We are very boring people who prefer much tamer atmospheres. So just hearing about this place had me a little worried. And it was everything and more that everyone said it was. Think Coyote Ugly and you've got a good idea what this place is like. It was good entertainment. I think I spent most of the night laughing. The patrons were fabulously entertaining. And my friend Nick, it was his birthday, had a blast. It was enough just to see him having a good time. We didn't stay very long because we are boring old people like that. While we were there though, I ran into someone from my hometown. It never fails. Every time we go anywhere, WalMart, downtown, etc. I see someone I know or someome hubby knows from our hometown. It was a nice surprise to see this person though. He is a sweet guy I went to high school with who also attended the church my parents go to and that I used to attend. He lives in Charleston now so I'm hoping that hubby and I can meet up with him sometime for dinner or something. He is such a sweet person.

I think we ended up making it home by 11:00pm. Once nice hot shower later, I made it in bed by 11:30pm at the latest. The next morning my throat was so sore from having to scream to be heard over the very loud music. Hubby and I ended up being lazy most of the day on Saturday. It was nice to just hang out together and catch up on the shows we had DVR'd. I started some recipe organization which I continued on Sunday. We didn't do too much on Sunday either but we did get out a couple of times. We went to lunch at East Bay Deli, picked some stuff up at WalMart, went to the grocery store, and took the munchkins to Hairy Winston to pick up some bully sticks.

Nothing too terribly exciting. I'm hoping that when Spring is officially here, I will have more interesting things to blog about.

I'm still working on organizing all of my recipes. So far it is going well but it is taking some time. We have tried out all new recipes this week and all of them but one have been AMAZING! And they are all super healthy which is a plus. We are being very careful what we cook for hubby's sake. His IBS isn't very friendly when he eats certain things. It really sucks for him but we are trying to make the best of it. I hope to share some of the recipes with ya'll soon!

Photobucket

1 comment:

sprinkles said...

I can't even remember what I did this past weekend so apparently it wasn't anything overly exciting or interesting!

I'm glad you had such a fun time with your friends though! :)

Looking forward to your recipes! I don't do much cooking and never have many ingredients but if you put up a good one, I might just go buy some!