Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table

It has been a while since I have participated in Cole's Tuesdays At The Table because life has been crazy, but I really wanted to pick it back up again today and participate!

The recipe I am choosing to share with you today is one that we tried out just last week. I am a huge Ranch fan (well, Ranch snob really) and I love me some chicken! So when I saw this recipe at Recipezaar I just HAD to try it. Of course I made some changes based on what I have in the house and what my personal tastes are, but most of them were pretty minor. This turned out to be a fabulous recipe that we WILL most certainly be having again.

I will say that I am not a fan of bottled Ranch dressing AT ALL. I actually hate the stuff and refuse to eat at a restaurant that uses bottled Ranch. (I told you I'm a Ranch snob.) Hubby and I have been making our own for years and it worked out beautifully with this recipe.


Ranch & Parmesan Chicken

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup crush Ritz crackers (or breadcrumbs)
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp seasoning salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup prepared ranch salad dressing (I make my own)
1/4 cup melted butter (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. In a shallow bowl mix together the crushed Ritz crackers, parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Dip the chicken into the ranch dressing to coat both sides. Then dip the chicken in the Ritz cracker mixture until thoroughly coated. Place the chicken in a single layer onto a greased baking sheet. (If desired, sprinkle the melted butter over each breast.) Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked. (Remember oven times may vary.)

I served this with some seasoned herb roasted potatoes and green beans. I will try to remember to share my recipe for the potatoes in the future but honestly they are just something I throw together with whatever I have on hand.

Enjoy and please don't forget to go over to All The Small Stuff to see what everyone else is cooking!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

This sounds delish!
I just printed it, I want to make it!

Go East Memphis Mama said...

Sounds good!

DSS said...

Great recipe! I've printed it off because I'm committed to cooking one new meal a week. I'm so excited to try this one!!

P.S. I left you a little surprise on my blog :)

Cole said...

WELCOME BACK!! :-)

I love me some ranch too, and this sounds really good!

Dip-Dip and The Bridge said...

I'm a vegetarian but I will have to try that for Pete, he loves chicken dishes.
Lynne xx

Nadine said...

Tiffany, that sounds absolutely delicious and it's one recipe that I'm going to put on our menu next week! Although you must share your recipe for the ranch dressing. I make most of my salad dressings myself, with the exception of bleu cheese and greek, because I just hate the chemical taste of dressings.

sprinkles said...

This sounds excellent! It also doesn't seem too difficult which is good for me! I don't mind doing a little light cooking but I don't wanna try anything that is time-consuming or complicated because I'm very lazy since I only have myself to cook for.

Please share your ranch recipe. I am a ranch dressing whore too but I'm not quite the snob you are.