Thursday, February 11, 2010

Throwback Thursday

For this week's edition of Throwback Thursday, I am doing a throwback to 2 years, 7 months, and 10 days ago. What happened 2 years, 7 months, and 10 days ago? Well, my wedding of course, silly! Yep, I am throwing back to my wedding. And today I am sharing a picture of my fabulously awesome, incredibly delicious wedding cake!

Isn't it fab?

My husband's aunt made the cake for us and my SIL put the flowers on it. They totally exceeded my expectations with this cake. It couldn't have turned out better if they had tried. And I'm not kidding when I say that my family still talks about that cake!

And the best part is, when we extracted the topper out of the freezer for our first anniversary, it tasted just as good as it did the night of the wedding (and it was fantastic then...the best wedding cake I've ever eaten)! My mom wrapped it up so well I think it would probably still be good enough to eat today, ya know, if it wasn't all gone and all.

That concludes this week's Throwback Thursday. Please feel free to join me! I would love to check out all the things you are "throwing back" to. If you do decide to participate just leave your link in the comments and I promise to swing by and check it out.


Photobucket

10 comments:

Amy said...

that is amazing. Thanks for sharing.. Sorry I have not been by. How is your step dad? Have a great day. My Round Robin is tomorrow if you want to share.

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

What a pretty cake! I love it!

Jenna said...

Wow what an amazing wedding cake!!! I love the B on the top!! Beautiful!!!

Dip-Dip and The Bridge said...

What a beautiful cake, it is a shame to cut it. Love the tiny flowere and roses.
Lynne xx

Draco and his Mom said...

Your Wedding Cake is BEAUTIFUL...it must have been hard to cut into it. Good thing you have pictures.

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

Your cake was amazing! I love it!

sprinkles said...

That cake is gorgeous! I wouldn't have wanted to cut into it.

It took me a moment to figure out what the "B" was for.

Nadine said...

Your cake came out GORGEOUS!! Is your aunt a professional cake decorator?

Kerr said...

that is amazing that is still tasted good after a year! everyone I have heard tell that story says it is not good at all. your mom must have done an amazing job. and the cake had to be fantastic to start with! thanks for stopping by to say hi!
precious puppies!

Tiffany said...

what a beautiful cake! i wish my husband and i would have saved ours for the first anniversary...

just found your blog--new follower!