Friday, February 19, 2010

Quarter Century

Today is my 25th birthday! This morning I went to Starbucks to get my free birthday drink (a venti white chocolate mocha), was serenaded at the window by three of the baristas (one of whom shares my birthday), received several birthday text messages, phone calls, and facebook messages, received a little bouquet of flowers and balloon from my dear friend at work, and brought my friends at work their very own Starbucks drink. So far it is a great day!

My birthday is always a little bittersweet for me though. I share my birthday with my great grandma Ola. Sadly she passed away several years ago (when I was a junior in college) and I miss her dearly. Because of our shared birthday we had a very special connection. We always tried to celebrate our birthday together and now I don't have her to share it with. But I always remember her on this day and wish her a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY because I know that she is watching over me and the rest of our family.

We have no big plans tonight really. Hubby is cooking steaks and lobster tail for dinner for us and we are going to take it easy. Tomorrow we are going out to celebrate with a big group of friends and family. We are having dinner downtown and will probably go somewhere cool like the Rooftop Bar for a little drinkie drink afterward. It should be fun. Hopefully I'll remember to take lots of pictures!

I apologize for my absence in the blogging world this week. I have been crazy swamped at work and my evenings have been full of stuff. So I have had no time for blogging. I am going into withdrawals a little bit I think!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
I hope your day is a fabulous as you!
xo
Blair

Amy said...

Happy Birthday..

Really you get a free drink from Starbucks? How do you do that? have a great weekend.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Happy Birthday!!

Nadine said...

Happy Birthday Tiffany!!!

Jenna said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a great weekend!

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday Girl!! Have a great day sounds like its got off to a great start!

The girls and i send u lots of birthday wishes!!

DSS said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!

I share my birthday w/someone who is gone also. It is bittersweet isn't it? I remember all of the lovely celebrations, but am always a bit sad that they aren't still here to celebrate with.

I hope today continues to be wonderful for you!

sprinkles said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like you're having a great day!

I had no clue Starbucks gives you a free drink for your birthday! The closest Starbucks to me is about 40 miles away so I don't get there too often. That Venti White Chocolate Mocha sounds exactly like what I'd order too!

Sorry to hear your birthday is a little bittersweet. :) Mine is usually just like any other day. My last one was pretty awful.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your friends and family!

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Hope you had a fantastic birthday!! Have fun celebrating today too!

Woofs and Kisses!
Cheryl

Dip-Dip and The Bridge said...

Happy Birthday Tiffany - wish I was celebrating THAT birthday, lol.
Lynne

ParisPink said...

Happy Birthday! Left something for you on my blog!!!