Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just One Of Those Days

My day started off just freakin' peachy. My hairdryer quit working this morning after being on for like, oh, 2 seconds! And of course I have the only hairdryer in the house. I am NOT a morning person so I plan my morning with just enough time for me to squeak out of the down with just enough time to be sitting at my desk when the clock strikes 8:00am. So, my morning routine is the same every day and has to go according to plan or I'm late for work. Yes, I know if I woke up even 10 minutes earlier that I would compensate for any mishaps in the morning but I.just.can't.do.it. I was always up and wherever I needed to be at least 20 minutes early BEFORE I started working in corporate America. Now, I don't ever want to get out of bed.

So, you can imagine how my hairdryer blowing up (not really) would put a wrench in things. And it did. Most people would be able to just shrug and go on with their day and have hair that looks at least halfway decent. Well, not me. I have naturally curly frizzy hair. If I don't put 5 different styling products in it and diffuse it OR blow it dry and then straighten it with FHI set on the highest setting, the result is disastrous. No, SERIOUSLY. And in order to do the curly look I have to begin as soon as I step foot out of the shower or it's just a big ole mess. Plus, I wasn't about to go outside in the 32 degree weather this morning (we are having another cold week...very unusual for us) with a wet head. So, needless to say I was screwed.

Then, thankfully, I remembered that my flat iron (it is professional grade) is supposed to be able to flat iron wet hair without damaging it (like most flat irons would). So, I gave it a try. I have really LONG hair (that is BADLY in need of a traim) so it takes forever just to dry my hair with a functional hairdryer. So you can imagine how long it took to flat iron my hair dry. And it DID take forever. And I WAS a few minutes late for work. But if you didn't know I had to flat iron my hair dry this morning you'd never be able to tell. It's definitely not an experience I care to repeat in the future, but it worked out okay in the end.

Despite the rough start, my day hasn't been terrible. Despite being perpetually cold in my office WITH a heater going, its been an okay day. Nevertheless I am sooo ready to go home to my sweet hubby and my munchkins!

Speaking of my munchkins, Lexi blogged all about her birthday party today on their blog. If you are interested, there are pictures posted there. For those of you who don't want to look at all of the birthday pictures of my adorable Chihuahua babies, here is a cute picture of the birthday girl in her birthday dress and hat. (She's rocking the pink & green!)

And no, I DID NOT make her wear that hat all evening. I put it on for the photo and then took it off, okay?

Oh and yesterday evening I found out some wonderful news! One of my friends from elementary school, middle school, AND high school is expecting! I guess I've been living under a rock because she is due in April and I had no idea she was even pregnant. But, that's what living in another city and never getting on Facebook will do to you. Ha ha. I couldn't be happier for her. She is going to be a fabulous Mommy!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Cole said...

I'm sorry you had a stinky start to your day!!

Lexus looks great in her dress and hat!

sprinkles said...

I am soooooooo not a morning person either and wake up at the last possible minute. I feel for ya!

My day wasn't exactly a thrill a minute either, I won't bore you with the details though. You'll just have to wait until I post about it on my blog!

Lexus looks gorgeous in her new dress!

Congrats to your friend! Very exciting!!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I don't think I could survive without my blowdryer. ;) Thanks for the visit!

Dip-Dip and The Bridge said...

Doesn't she look gorgeous in her new dress. My son's girlfriend has naturally curly hair that I would kill for but she says it is a pain in the neck and has to do all sorts to 'tame' it, still better than fine straight hair though.
Lynne xx

Nadine said...

Over the years I've become a morning person and get up at least 2 hours before leaving for work (Ha, and I only live a 15 minute walk from work)! I have my morning routine all set, and if anything happens and throws a kink in it, then I'm late and the rest of my day is ruined, haha!!