Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Honorable Mentions

Those of you with pets might already know about this but if not then you might like to check it out. Every month Pampered Puppy has a photo contest. You email them your photos and the last day of the month they go through them all and pick 15 winners. I have long been a follower of the site because I love looking at the adorable photos. This month I decided to submit a few photos of my munchkins. I went on the website yesterday to check out the featured photos and 2 out of the 3 photos I sent in were honorable mentions! This totally brightened my day.

You can see the first picture on page 10 and the second picture on page 12. But be sure to check out all the winners and all the other honorable mentions. There are some adorable photos there!

Those two are some of my favorite pictures I've taken of the munchkins and I have been intending on framing them. I submitted unedited photos in the contest but will be editing the photos to make them "pop" before I frame them. I promise to share the final results!

**************

In other news, hubby went to the doctor today. It was basically a follow-up visit for the diverticulitis. The doctor said it was very likely that the antibiotics caused his digestive issues which were prolonged by the Gatorade he was told to drink in the ER. The ER docs told him not to drink water and to drink Gatorade, Sprite, or juice. But Dru's doctor said that the sugar probably made this worse or prolonged them and to limit his Gatorade consumption to no more than 32oz per day and drink water the rest of the day. The good news is that he is feeling better and hopefully will be able to go back to work tomorrow. Meanwhile the munchkins are loving all this time they get to spend with Daddy at home!

My stepdad is going in for another surgery tomorrow. The doctors had a suspicion that his intestines twisted after the surgery. They never disclosed this information until last night when they scheduled him for an upper GI. The test revealed that there was definitely a problem but they won't know exactly what until they open him up. My mom is back at the hospital with him and my baby brother is back with his grandparents. If you feel led, would you please continue to keep him in your prayers that things go smoothly with his surgery tomorrow and recovery thereafter. They expect him to be able to go home about 5 days after surgery.

Again, I just want to say how much I appreciate all of your support, prayers, and kind words. They have been a Godsend for us these last two weeks. Maybe now I can finally start blogging about happy and frivolous things again! :)

Photobucket

7 comments:

Draco and his Mom said...

Congrats on your magazine debut with the Munchkins....I really love the pic with Dru and Bentley, just precious.

Go East Memphis Mama said...

That is so cool! They are too cute:)

Dory and the Mama said...

Congrats for Lexus and Bentley, we are off to look at their photos!

Of course we will continue to keep your family in our prayers.

sprinkles said...

Congrats, very exciting!!! I went to go check out the pix that second one is absolutely adorable!

Yes, I'm sure the munchkins are thrilled to have Daddy at home. I'm home all the time now too and when I have to leave to run an errand or something, my chi's just give me the saddest look and I feel terribly guilty. It's gonna be hard to leave them once I find a job and have to leave them for the day.

Still keeping your family in my prayers.

Amy said...

Man when you are in Er they say wild things. Glad he is back on track. Good luck to your step father.

Dip-Dip and The Bridge said...

Those are great photos of the furkids, luvin' the one on page 12, LOL!
Glad to hear things continue to go well with hubby and stepdad.
Lynne xx

Nadine said...

That pic of the two of them together came out fantastic!! Both of them are frameworthy!

Glad to hear that Dru is on the mend now, and I do hope that they find out what's going on with your stepdad and get him back to better health.

Hugs, Nadine