Thursday, January 28, 2010

We Need Your Prayers

Lovelies, if you feel led, would you pray for my family? My step-dad isn't doing good right now. As I told you in Monday's post, he had to have surgery on Tuesday. Over the last two years he has had multiple hospitalizations and surgeries due to his diverticulitis. Several large hernias resulted from these surgeries and this last surgery was to repair those. He had to have 15 incisions and two large sheets of mesh (about the size of two dryer sheets) put around his intestines. There were a couple of "complications" during the surgery, but the surgeon thought everything would be fine and that he could go home yesterday. He did go home but they had to have the ambulance pick him up and take him back to the hospital late last night.

I will spare you all the gory details, but the gist of it is that his stomach and intestines aren't working. They are having to pump bile out of his system. They are investigating the cause behind this issue today but as of right now that is all I know. My mom is upset although she is trying to be strong. It is definitely scary when you don't know what the immediate future holds for you and your family.

On top of all that, there are other things she has to worry about like my baby brother and her dog, Rascal. We are helping her with this but of course she is going to worry anyway.

As you can imagine this hasn't been a very good week for us. From Dru and Bentley being sick earlier in the week, to my cousin being hospitalized, and now this with my step-dad. I came in to work this morning, after talking to my mom, shaking like a leaf. I have calmed down considerably, but I am still pretty stressed out. Our family has had a tough few years between illnesses, surgeries, hospitalizations, and death.

I know this probably seems very scattered and I apologize. My head just isn't right today with everything that is going on. I just wanted to write something quick and ask you all, if you feel led, to please pray for my family.

Thank you my lovelies. You all are wonderful.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Cocorue said...

Dear Tiff,
Sorry I've been tardy lately but I do pop in to see the munchkins even though I do not post often.

Coming here and reading all that's happening to you is disheartening. Of course, I will pray for you and your family

Do take care of yourself too
chikisses
lilian

Emily said...

I'm so sorry to hear about everything you're going through right now. I will definitely be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Sorry to hear about your step-dad. Prayers and good thoughts are being sent to you and your family.

Cheryl

DSS said...

Definitely saying prayers for you and your family!

Doesn't it just seem like sometimes we can't catch a break? Like just as soon as one challenge has passed, another pops up? Sometimes I think it's worse when it's the people we love who are ill, rather than us ourselves.

It sounds like you've had a bunch to deal with, and I know your mom is so very thankful she has you and Dru to help!

Cole said...

Prayers are coming your way! What a rough week for your family. I hope that everything gets better - QUICK!

If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know.

Dory and the Mama said...

You and your family are in our prayers for sure Tiffany.
Hang in There!

sprinkles said...

When I said my bedtime prayers last night, I included your step-dad in them. Will do the same tonight.

I'm so sorry things have been so tough for you lately. I wish I had something more comforting to say. Just know that you and your family will be in my prayers.

Amy said...

OH my thoughts and hugs go to you and your family..

Dip-Dip and The Bridge said...

Dearest Tiffany

I hope your step dad recovers well from his illness and I will certainly pray for him and your family. He must be feeling pretty awful right now.
I know exactly where you are coming from as 2 years ago I spent most of the year in the hospital or back and fourth while hubby was having his cancer treatments. I can't even begin to describe how horrible it was and there were times when I thought I would crack up!
Try and keep a sense of humour, enjoy the little things in life and hug the furkids lots.
Hope everything is better soon.
Lynne xx