Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Look & A New Year

So I finished the new look last night! I'm quite excited actually. It was so much fun creating it! And I have to give props to ShabbyPrincess whose scrapbooking kits made it all possible. If you didn't already guess, my fave colors are yellow and turquoise and I think it all turned out really well. Don't you? It is definitely a new look for a new year.

Please let me know if there are any issues, such as any text that is difficult to read on the new background, etc. I played around with the font colors but it is possible there is still one that I missed. So if you have any issues please let me know and I will do my best to fix it as soon as possible.

I was working on the second part of my Christmas post last night but blogger was being stupid. So I had to abandon my hopes that the Christmas post would be up today. Maybe tonight or tomorrow morning. At least I hope!

Since blogger isn't cooperating on my Christmas post I guess I can jump ahead and tell you all about our New Years Eve. We were going to spend it with hubby's family shooting fireworks and eating chocolate crinkles...but that didn't pan out this year. So then hubby's Mom invited us to spend it with them and hubby's cousin. So that was the plan but we had to swing by the grocery store and then drop the Munchkins off with my Mom. At the grocery store we ran into our friend Candyce. She invited us to spend NYE with her, her 4 month old, and her boyfriend (who is hubby's cousin). We told her we might swing by. We decided on the way to drop the Munchkins off that we would definitely drop in on hubby's cousin so I could see the baby. Once there, the men (hubby, Brent, Candyce's brother, and Hillary's boyfriend) all went outside and the women (it was me, Candyce, and Candyce's friend Hillary) stayed inside with the children (Victoria & Hillary's baby Owen). Of course I had to get lots of sugar from Victoria! She is such a good baby. She rarely cries and if she does its because she's hungry or needs to be changed. Otherwise she is totally content with whatever.

Candyce and Brent invited us to stay for dinner and since hubby was hanging with the boys, he decided he wanted to stay. And this is the point when Victoria decides to projectile vomit on me. It actually isn't as bad as it sounds, after all, it is baby vomit which isn't anywhere near as bad as adult regurgitation. We quickly got me and Victoria all cleaned up and I decided it was time for a Tickled Pink, which was very yummy by the way. Unfortunately we had dropped our bags off at my Mom's already or else I could have just changed my shirt. Oh well, it wasn't that bad anyway.

We had yummy ribeyes, baked potatoes, heaping salads, and Texas Toast. It turned out to be a very nice dinner and it was so nice to catch up with friends I don't get to see too often. We all watched the ball drop together (which is a miracle for us since we are usually fast asleep long before midnight) and then said our goodbyes and headed to my Mom's.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures. I didn't take my camera with me because our plans were to pretty much relax and shoot fireworks. When they changed I didn't even think to grab my camera and take it with me. I guess that's a good thing though considering all the problems blogger is giving me with uploading my Christmas pictures!

In other news, we took down our Christmas tree and decorations on Monday. As much as I love having my house decorated in the spirit of Christmas, I really enjoyed getting my house back to normal! It feels so good to come home to a nice, clean, uncluttered living room! Oh yeah, and I scored some fantastic tree decorations for 50% in our hometown this past weekend! I totally forgot to take pictures of them to share with you all before I packed them up. Sorry. I guess you'll just have to wait to see them next Christmas!

On Tuesday, our new mattress set was delivered. We went in search of a new mattress set on Sunday and ended up finding just what we were looking for. Now my back is adjusting to the new Eurotop. We were badly in need of a new mattress! Trust me. We decided on an anti-microbial eurotop Serta with heat-treated reinforced steel coils. You know that dip that can sometimes form in the center of a mattress? I am ALL too familiar with that dip. Well, this bed isn't supposed to do that. We'll see! Yesterday my back was a little achy from the change but I'm not noticing it so much today. I think by tomorrow my back will have adjusted and I will be sleeping like a baby! Now we just need to get our new bed built! It is a project my step-dad, hubby, and I have been planning for a long time now, but things keeps coming up. My step-dad has been hospitalized numerous times, had to undergo surgery, and on top of that he is a farmer and during certain points in each season doesn't have much spare time. This month he is going in for another surgery so I'm thinking it will be February before we get to actually work on building the bed. I just hope it is completed before my birthday!

I know I have been quite absent and unbearably boring lately. I apologize! Things are so crazy during the holidays for me. I am hoping that in this new year I will be a much better blogger. I hope that this year brings interesting things for me to write about! Thanks for sticking with me! You lovelies are wonderful!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Amy said...

I think your blog looks amazing. I love the look and the colors..

Draco and his Mom said...

Love your new look, I adore all of the Shabby Princess scrapbooking kits. They have so many bits of inspiration. We need a new mattress also but instead of the valley in the middle, we have a mountain in the middle...lol Guess that is because we are old and sleep on the edges instead of the middle.

sprinkles said...

You're not unbearably boring! My blog is which is why I find it surprising that I have any followers and that I've received any awards!

Congrats on the new mattress. I bought a new bed about 3 1/2 to 4 years ago and immediately could feel the difference with a new mattress. If I remember correctly, it did take a little bit to get used to but eventually I did and now I LOVE my bed! It's pretty and it's comfortable.

Glad you got to spend NYE with friends you don't get to see often. It's always fun to catch up!

Cole said...

Your blog look GORGEOUS!!