Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crazy Week

It has been a crazy week for me at work, which is usually when I blog (shhh...) thus the reason I have been so silent. We were preparing for a tradeshow in Palm Springs earlier this week and since then have been upgrading to new office computers and all the "fun" stuff that comes along with it. It took me a day and half just to get all of my files transferred from one computer to another. Ugh. But now things are calming down a bit. Although I still have to contend with the upgrading of the computers in my lab. That will be next week sometime I'm guessing.

Now for the updates. Hubby and I celebrated his birthday on Thursday night at home. He was finishing up a resume and cover letter and I was reading my book. Then, afterward, there were lots of snuggles together and with the munchkins. It was a nice relaxing evening. It was not easy getting up for work the next morning.

Saturday we did some shopping. I have decided to start "dressing up" our house a little...well as much as I can without being able to paint. The plan is to work on the bathroom and master bedroom first and then hopefully the rest will follow.

It was restaurant week here in Charleston last week. We decided to take advantage of that for hubby's birthday. We weren't able to get a reservation for Saturday evening but we did get one for Sunday. We decided on Slightly North of Broad for hubby's birthday dinner. And boy was it ever yummy! I had a caramalized pear salad with dried cranberries, pistachios, and a honey glazed vinaigrette as an appetizer, a SC farm-raised roasted chicken with stone-ground grits and green beans for my entree, and a chocolate brownie with caramel ice cream and caramel drizzle for dessert. Hubby had a duck confit risotto for his app, pan-seared swordfish with a spring mix fruit salad for his entree, and a cornbread pudding cake with vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. Are you hungry yet???? It was fantastic. I also decided to partake in a delicious Charleston Cocktail and it was fabulous. We are such foodies that you really can't get much better than that!
As far as my health goes I am feeling much better. I had to go back to the doctor on Wednesday and had a horrific experience thus confirming my belief about doctors in emergency facilities (not counting the ER). But I have since gotten everything straightened out and there is no more sign of infection. I will be scheduling an appointment with a GP I was referred to by a friend next month for a sort of follow-up and also to address the severe migraines that plague me and which prescription medicine does not alleviate.

This weekend we are headed back to our hometown, yet again. But it is for a good reason. My SIL's birthday party is this weekend in our hometown and of course we can't miss that! I WILL be taking along the fixings of a Tickled Pink. Also, hubby wants to go duck hunting since next weekend is the last weekend. Of course its all about hunting for him. He was just waiting for an excuse to go to the HT for the weekend. It will be nice to see our families though since it has been a few weeks. And my baby brother has already called me several times to find out when I'm coming to see him. I do miss him terribly when I don't see him. Hopefully I'll remember to take pictures of our weekend in the HT to share with you all.


Photobucket

6 comments:

sprinkles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sprinkles said...

I did wonder what happened to you this week and figured it probably had something to do with the infection you suffered.

Good luck to Dru, hope has better luck than me. I can't get an interview to save my life!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend visiting your families!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who writes about
many
home based business

If you want to know more here it is
home business opportunity
www.home-businessreviews.com

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Glad that things are calming down for you now! Have a great weekend!

Woofs and Kisses!
Cheryl

Nadine said...

Tiffany, glad to hear that you are feeling better! Dru's birthday dinner sounded absolutely delicious, especially the swordfish (I LOVE swordfish!) and now I am hungry (and have my peanutbutter and jelly sandwich to look forward to for lunch :( LOL!) I hope you guys have a great weekend with the family!

P.S. Make sure you take pictures of your home improvements, I just love seeing stuff like that!

DSS said...

hahaha...I ALWAYS blog at work :)

So glad you are feeling better!