Friday, January 22, 2010

A Change of Plans

Our plans have changed. We will not be heading to the hometown tonight. Hubby isn't feeling well. He woke up this morning in pain and went to work despite my asking him to stay home and recuperate. He ended up driving the hour to work only to turn around and drive back home. But, at least I was able to have lunch with my hubby today which is a very rare occurrence during the work week. We went to Queen Anne's Revenge on Daniel Island and it was yummy. I tend to judge restaurants by their ranch dressing (I have labeled myself as somewhat of a ranch dressing conneisseur...or maybe just a ranch dressing snob) and they had good ranch. Also, the apple cobbler a la mode was fabulous! It was too tempting not to get it and then I made myself miserable by eating too much of it. But it was sooooo worth it.

Hubby still isn't feeling well so we are cooling our heels at home tonight. I did manage to sweet talk him into a quick trip to TJ Maxx. I found some more "stuff" to aid in my effort to "dress up" our master bathroom. I did buy a couple of things but there is SO much more I want to go back and get. Maybe in a few weeks if it's still there. If not, it simply wasn't meant to be and I'll find something better. I promise to show pictures of everything when I'm done. I have already started and failed to take before pictures so you will have to just be satisfied with the after pictures. Sorry!

So this post isn't totally pointless, I will come through on a promise I made a few weeks ago. The weekend I got sick and had to go to the doctor, I accompanied hubby on a trip to the mall and took advantage of an after Chrismtas clearance sale. Hubby had to return something at Sears and the return desk was right in sight of some Christmas stuff. So I sauntered on over to check out the loot. What I found thoroughly excited me since I feel my Christmas tree was a little barer than I'd like this year. It was a huge container of ornaments in all the right colors. (Sorry for the glare and scratches on the plastic!)








There are 24 fairly large (but they would be considered medium-sized compared to my biggest ornaments) ornaments in this container. If you enlarge the first picture you'll notice that they were originally priced at $39.99. I scored them for $9.99! I'd say I got a pretty darn good deal, wouldn't you? I was quite excited with my purchase, especially combined with the after-Christmas sale purchases I made only a few weeks before.

So now that I've come through on that promise I think there is only one other thing left for me to post about and that is the award I was given weeks ago. But I am getting ready to eat a yummy slice of the cake I baked hubby for his birthday so it will have to wait for another day. Sorry!

Please keep Dru in your thoughts and prayers. We hope that what is going on with him isn't anything serious and can be managed without medical attention as his job does not provide medical insurance. Thank you my lovelies!


Photobucket

7 comments:

sprinkles said...

Poor Dru! I do hope it's nothing serious. It's probably a good thing he came home, his body more than likely needed the rest. Hope he's feeling better tomorrow, then you can still fulfill your weekend plans!

I really like those red ornaments on the left in the 2nd picture. Very pretty!

My Christmas tree was a little more bare than it needed to be this year too but my parents' was jam packed with them everywhere you looked so I figure it made up for mine! LOL

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Hope that Dru feel better soon!

The ornaments are beautiful!!

Have a good weekend!

Cheryl

Amy said...

Oh I hope he feels better.

Heather said...

I do like those ornaments...definitely a great deal! Feel better Dru!!

Cole said...

Poor Dru!! I hope he feels better soon.

Those ornaments are fabulous. :-)

Dip-Dip and The Bridge said...

Aww, hope Dru is feeling much better now. Those baubles are lovely, it's great to get a bargain isn't it!
Lynne xx

Sweet Freedom said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - I graduated from USCMed (USC School of Medicine) - are you still in Cola.?

Hope you're bothing feeling better!