Thursday, December 17, 2009

"The Stockings Are Hung..."

"...by the chimney with care in hopes that St. Nicholas soon will be there."

Sorry I've been so absent this week. I have been foregoing blogging in favor of trying unsuccessfully to catch up on blog reading and also in favor of actually working! I have been swamped this week at work. On top of that, we are preparing for our company Christmas party, so that is taking up a lot of extra time as well.

There isn't much to report really. Since all of our shopping has been done for a couple of weeks now, we are just taking it easy. The last of the gifts ordered online arrived this week, minus one, and I got all those wrapped and under the tree.

The only other "news" is that our stockings finally came in. I am beyond excited! I have been wanting these same stockings for three years but every year they sell out before I can order them. But not this year! I finally have the stockings I have been drooling over. Here they are:




I apologize for the horrible lighting. Due to the time change, I can't get any natural light to take any pictures during the week after work. So the stockings look a lot darker than they actually are.

You may notice that Bentley & Lexus' stockings are missing. I am still in the process of trying to find the "perfect" stockings for them. I want something in our same color scheme, but doggie related. I'm not exactly sure what it is I have in mind, but when I see it I'll know. If I haven't found something by next Christmas I will probably break down and just buy them the bright green and white polka dot stockings with red trim I saw at either Personal Creations or Personalization Mall. If anyone has any ideas for the Munchkins' stockings, please feel free to share!

Things have been pretty boring around our house. I hope to get some pictures at the company Christmas party tomorrow night that I can share with you all. There is a good chance you won't hear from me until next week.

Have a great weekend and finish that Christmas shopping if you haven't already!

Photobucket

7 comments:

sprinkles said...

I have all my gifts, just need to get them wrapped. Wish I had more $ to buy presents, I feel like I hardly have anything and what I do have isn't as nice as what I'd normally give.

Cute stockings!

Hope you have fun at your work Christmas party!

Amy said...

looks very nice..

Nadine said...

Love the stockings Tiffany, and even better you have a fireplace to hang them in front of!! I haven't been blogging much either, it's been pretty boring too around our house, Chewy's birthday party was the biggest excitement around so far, lol!

Dory and the Mama said...

Everything looks great Tiffany...I know about the whole time management issue, Dory is getting all the blogging attention with not a bunch of time left for my blog!!

Good news is that the Christmas presents are bought, wrapped and shipped!!

Draco and his Mom said...

Nice decorations Tiffany, I love your stockings. You could also break out your sewing machine and make some custom stockings for the Munchkins. (After Christmas when things settle down)

My name is PJ. said...

I'm tickled that you put the same thought into Bentley and Lexus' stockings as you do for your husband and yourself!

That's the sign of a dedicated mom!

Dip-Dip and The Bridge said...

Those are lovely stockings with your names on. Hope you enjoy your company party. We have got all the presents but still have the food shopping to do (which I hate):(
Lynne