Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas

We picked up our tree on Monday night! It smells like Christmas in our house with that amazing smell of Fraser Fir. I haven't yet decorated it since I am waiting for the branches to settle a bit first, but I am so ready to start decorating it this weekend.



This is just a quick shot I took of it on Monday night once hubby got it in the stand. I'll get better pictures once we begin decorating. I have some furniture rearranging still left to do.

Also, I ordered the stockings I have been wanting for a couple of years. Every year they seem to sell out before I can get them ordered, but not this year. They ARE on backorder until next week, but that's okay because I don't mind waiting just as long as they arrive before Christmas.

Photo from Personal Creations


Aren't they cute? I just checked and they are sold out! I just hope they fulfill their current orders because there will be a fight if mine don't come before Christmas!

In sadder news, Dru's cousin's (also his boss) JRT was hit by a car yesterday morning. Dru was pretty upset when I got home last night because he saw Jessie every day at work. He was such a good dog too. So very smart and so sweet. My heart is broken for us all for the loss of this special dog. It just goes to show you that no matter how much you think you can trust your dog to stay in the yard, you really can't. It's better to be safe than sorry. Please keep Dru's cousin in your prayers as I imagine this is a very difficult time for him right now. He was very close to Jessie and loved him like a child.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Amy said...

Love the tree. Sorry to hear about that sad story..

Dory and the Mama said...

We will say a special prayer for Dru's cousin!

In happier news...the tree?? AWESOME!!!

Cole said...

I'm so sorry! Losing a doggie is never good...and an accident is even worse.

Your tree looks beautiful! It makes me want a real one! (I have an artificial one)

sprinkles said...

That's sooooo very sad about Jessie. I feel for him. It's never easy to lose a pet.

My neighbor lets his dog run loose instead of walking her or putting her on a leash. Makes me so mad. One day I almost ran over her because it was dark and she was in my driveway. Luckily I saw her just in time.

Cute stockings.

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Fraser Firs are my absolute favorite!! Since I have 1 year old cats in the house, we're not putting up a tree this year, but I do have the outside and mantel decorated!!

So sorry to hear about Dru's cousin's JRT. I'll keep them in my prayers.

Cheryl

Go East Memphis Mama said...

I love real trees....sorry about the dog:(