Monday, December 21, 2009

The Christmas Shoes...and more

This weekend hubby and I watched a movie on Liftetime called "The Christmas Shoes" with Rob Lowe and Kimberly Williams-Paisley. I had heard of this movie before but had never watched it...which is hard to believe since I live on Christmas movies during the holidays. When I saw that it was coming on tv on Saturday, I made sure hubby and I were in front of the tv to watch it. And oh boy!

I don't normally cry over movies, commercials, etc. but I was bawling like a baby by the end of this movie. And although Dru may not be thrilled that I am divulging this, he cried too. After it was over he told me not to make him watch movies like that anymore! My adorable husband is very in touch with his emotions and has such a tender heart. That's why I love him! It was nice to lay with the Munchkins and have a good cry together watching this movie.

Otherwise, our weekend was relatively relaxing. Saturday morning we did some cleaning and straightening, then we pretty much just hung out and watched Christmas movies together while the clothes were washing. Sunday was relaxing as well. We went to lunch, took the Munchkins to Hairy Winston to pick up some bully sticks, then went home and watched Christmas movies while we packed. We will be leaving on Wednesday evening to go "home" for Christmas. Originally we were going to have to travel "home" on Wednesday night for Christmas with hubby's Dad's side of the family, then drive back here so I could go to work on Thursday, and then we would have to turn around and travel back "home" on Thursday afternoon to make it in time for my Dad's side of the family Christmas. But, I was able to get Christmas Eve off (instead of my usual half or partial day), so I won't have to travel back and forth so many times.

That is a relief and a weight off of my shoulders. But, now I have to figure out what to wear on Christmas day! The outfit I had planned is not going to work since the weatherman is saying it is going to be 67 degrees here that day. I am so SICK of warm weather on Christmas day. Last year I wore a short sleeve red dress with knee high boots. I want a white Christmas!!!! But that's just wishful thinking since that will never happen here.

Tonight, hubby and I are going to run to the Towne Center to see if I can find a cute shirt to wear with the pants and new shoes (they are awesome! I can't wait to show them to you!) I am planning on wearing that day. I'll probably hit up Ann Taylor Loft since I can almost always find a cute top that fits well enough. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be too terribly busy there tonight, but I have a feeling that tons of last minute Christmas shoppers are going to be out and about.

I hope you all had a great weekend. I am continuing to stay behind on blog reading. It seems like when I finally start to catch up, a lot more new posts get added! Maybe this holiday will let me catch up? It doesn't help that last week I was busy with work and getting ready for the company Christmas party (will share pictures from that later). And this short week of work, I will probably be pretty busy too, but I am hoping to get by at least a few of your blogs to comment. Although I am soooo thankful that it is going to be a short work week, I know that I will most likely be slammed trying to get stuff out the door before Christmas. I guess we'll see.

To all my friends in the north, I hope you all are staying warm! I know some of you were hit with a nasty snow storm. I am sending warm thoughts your way, even though it is quite frigid for us down here right now!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Amy said...

we will have a white Christmas. I wish I could wear short sleeves. Oh well. I hope you found your outfit. Have a great Christmas.

Jenna said...

Wow I wish my weekend was that relaxing! I've heard that movie was great but sad so I stayed away from it...I don't like sad movies that much. I wish We were gonna have a white christmas too...but after the hunt this weekend I'll just be glad to be warm !!

sprinkles said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spend the weekend! Never heard of that movie before.

Hope you find a nice outfit to wear for Christmas.

I'm glad you were able to get Christmas Eve off from work. It'll make things so much easier for you.

Dory and the Mama said...

Enjoy your Christmas Tiffany!!