Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Party

First of all, I want to say a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Mom. She turns 40 today!

***************

So, I mentioned yesterday that we had our company Christmas party on Friday night. I was super busy at work all week last week getting ready for the Christmas party on top of doing my job, but Friday night it was all worth it. Despite a lot of unnecessary drama that surrounded the party beforehand, it turned out really nice and we all had fun.

I started out by taking photos of everything before leaving work to go home and get dressed (I wear jeans, a t-shirt/sweater, and flip-flops/Danskos to work most days).






These were the table arrangements that I came up with. What do you all think? Everyone here was very pleased with them and I think we are going to use them again next year.




The party was held in the warehouse. Not the most ideal location but it seems to work out fine every year. Oh that green blob in the back was the deflated jump castle for the kids (yes, kids are invited).





This is the giveaway table. Every employee gets a ticket when they arrive and a ticket is draw from a basket for each of the prizes. I was a little upset this year because normally the biggest prize (the tv) is raffled off first. That way everyone has a chance at it. Well, this year, the powers that be decided to do it different and raffle the tv last. Well guess whose tickets was called first?! Yep, mine, and I got a basket with wooden spoons, decorative Christmas dish towels, and a food chopper. But, I was appeased when my friend Deb won the tv!






Sorry there aren't too many pictures of the actual party. I didn't want to post pictures with my other coworkers in them without their permission and since I don't advertise my blog at work, I didn't ask them.

***************

Oh, and just a quick update on my Christmas Day outfit situation: I did make it to The Loft last night and found two cute options for Christmas Day, if it's as warm as the weatherman is saying its going to be. Either option will go with the brown silk pants and new Jessica Simpson snakeskin shoes hubby got me for Christmas. I will be packing my cold weather Christmas Day outfit along with my warm weather Christmas Day outfit. The only bad news now is that its supposed to rain. It has been raining like crazy here lately. I think we are making up for all that rain that we didn't get over the summer!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Amy said...

what a fun time. Glad you got your outfits ready..

sprinkles said...

Looks like a really fun party. You did a wonderful job on the decorations too!

Of all the employers I've worked for over the years, none have ever had a party like this. Usually it's some kind of potluck and gift exchange during work hours which can be fun but it would be nice to have something like this just once too!

Congrats on winning a gift basket! Too bad it wasn't the tv but there's always next year!

Cole said...

Sounds like a fun party!! I'm glad you had a good time.

Blair said...

Hey girl! Looks like a fun time!!

Sorry I have been MIA from you blog lately. For some reason I cannot pull up your blog @ work and that's where I do 99.9% of my blogging!
I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!

xoxo,
Blair

Jules said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

The table arrangements looks really nice and I think you did a lovely job. The tree at the party looks beautiful and I’m glad that you won something, even though it wasn’t the TV. The Charlie’s Angel photo is great ;)

We’re supposed to get rain on Christmas too. I love your blog!