Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas 2008 Photoshoot

Last year, in preparation for our Christmas cards, we did a little photoshoot at the beach with the Munchkins. The pictures turned out okay but the whole ordeal was a fiasco! I won't go into detail about it because it stills makes me a tad bit angry, but trust me that it was more headache than it was worth (and overpriced to boot).

Since we did manage to get some cute pictures out of the whole thing, I thought I would share them with you all.












We used this one for our Christmas Cards last year.


This is my favorite even though it was technically an "outtake". It turned out so cute I think!


I have a busy holiday ahead of me! Thank goodness we got most of our stuff loaded in the car last night. I am rushing home from work today to change clothes, finish loading the presents into the car, and then we are headed out of town to visit our families for Christmas. We have somewhere we have to be tonight. We have a Chinese Christmas exchange and dinner with Dru's Dad's side of the family. It always turns out fun because we do not shy away from taking the presents that we want! And it's all in good fun. After that is it on to my Mom's. We are staying with her over this holiday and tonight I have to give her the birthday present we got her.

Tomorrow I have off of work, thank goodness! Or else I would be driving to hometown tonight, back home tonight, going to work tomorrow, then driving back to hometown after work. Yikes! Tomorrow I am hoping I can find somewhere to get a quick trim. Then we have to head to my cousin's house for dinner with my Dad's dad's side of the family. Normally we do a draw-name and exchange gifts with the Christmas Eve night, but this year we are just doing dinner. The kids will get presents.

Christmas morning I have to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to get showered and dressed before my brothers wake up. Then I watch and take pictures while Lil Henry gets his "Santa" and opens gifts from all of us. Then the rest of us open our gifts before hubby, the Munchkins, and I have to hightail it to Dru's parents' house. Usually we end up waking them all up to exchange! This year will probably be no different. Then we have to rush off to my Nanny S's for breakfast and gift exchange. Every year, since there are sooooo many children in our family, each adult draws two names and buys gifts for those children. That way each child gets presents to open and everyone doesn't break the bank buying for every single child. (We're talking in the double digits here as far as the child head count goes.) Then the adults (you get qualified as an "adult" for these purposes when you get married) do a Chinese Christmas exchange.

After that, we have to rush off to my Nanny N's house for our gift exchange with them. Then it is off to Dru's grandmother's house. We open presents from his grandmother and then the whole family participates in a Chinese Christmas exchange. We eat dinner, hang around and chat, and then it is back to my Mom's house. Usually that is the end of it, but this year we have one other place to go. We are having a Christmas exchange at my step-dad's parents' house on Christmas night. They normally do it around lunchtime on Christmas day, but since hubby & I have so many places to go, we never make it. But this year it will be nice to see everyone and participate in the gift exchange.

So yes, I will be one busy girl on Christmas day! Oh and I can't wait for the after-Christmas sales! Woo hoo!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Jenna said...

Cute photos, my favorite is the one with the dogs on your head! so cute!! Merry Christmas!

My name is PJ. said...

Your photos are BEAUTIFUL! You two make a very striking couple and your children? Adorable!

Merry Christmas!!

Cary Dale Taylor said...

Love them! They are all so cute.

DSS said...

Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Favorite picture=the munchkins on your heads. I can't stop giggling :) Sorry to hear it was such a fiasco, but the pictures really are lovely!

sprinkles said...

Sorry it turned out to be such a fiasco. :( But you got some great pix out of it so hopefully it was all worth it in the end.

I love the chi's little outfit's.

Merry Christmas!

Amy said...

cute pictures. you Christmas day sounds like my Christmas Eve..

Have a great time.

Jules said...

I love, love, love the 3rd pic. Beach photos are always so pretty! The outtake photo is very cute too.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Emily said...

Such cute pictures! I can't believe you got the munchkins to sit on your heads!

Heather said...

Those are some cute CUTE photos! I also love the one of the Munchkins on your head - how creative is that?! LOL