Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesdays At The Table

This passed weekend we celebrated our Thanksgiving holiday with my mom's side of the family. It was a little early but it was a celebration in conjunction with my Papa's birthday, so it worked out well. We had tons of fun and yummy food! I'm not normally someone who cares for pumpkin much, I'm not fond of the texture of pumpkin pie at all, but this dish I made for our Thanksgiving celebration was AMAZING!

Pumpkin Crisp
1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 (18.25 oz) pkg butter-flaved yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter, melted

Stir together first 5 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 13x9" baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mix; sprinkle evenly with pecans. Drizzle butter evenly over pecans.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour - 1 hour 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with whipped cream, if desired. Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.

I would definitely check it often because it only took 40 minutes for mine to cook in my Mom's oven. Oven times defintely DO vary!

Even if you aren't a pumpkin eater, you will LOVE this. Trust me. It's so wonderful and so tasty. There wasn't a crumb left for me to take home!

Now mosey on over to All The Small Stuff to see what everyone else is cooking.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Amy said...

This looks amazing. Have a great Thanksgiving..

Go East Memphis Mama said...

Yummy!

Blair said...

YUM! I would love to try this!

Jenna said...

I'm SOOO glad you posted this!! I need a dessert to take to Thanksgiving tomorrow and this looks easy and delicious!! I will be making it...THanks!!!!

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Oh yes!

This is JUST what I needed!

I wanted something easy and this sooooo satisfies that requirement!

Thanks for sharing!

sprinkles said...

I'm not a big pumpkin fan either but this does sound tasty!

SnoWhite said...

I bet this is wonderful!

Dory and the Mama said...

This looks amazing!! Thanks for sharing Tffany!

Cole said...

That look so good, Tiffany!!

Heather said...

YUM - that sounds good! I am heading out to the store this morning so I can bring something for dessert at our family Thanksgiving. I may have to make this!! :o)