Monday, November 9, 2009

No More Crutches & A New Car

That's right ladies...I have totally done away with the crutches. Well, I haven't actually gotten rid of them yet just in case I do something to hurt my ankle within the next few weeks and need one or both, but I am no longer using them to walk. My underarms are thanking me right now! It feels so good to be rid of them.

On Saturday I tried to do some Christmas shopping without the crutches. I quickly realized I had gotten a bit ahead of myself so I wasn't able to do more than look around for a quick minute or two, but it was so nice to get out of the house. I was able to get some ideas for Christmas gifts and saw some cute decorations that I am trying to find a place for so I can go back and get them! I am SO ready to decorate for Christmas.

I was even able to do a little house cleaning. Hubby still had to do most of it, but I was able to do some of the light cleaning and I can't tell you how nice it was to do something semi-normal. And it was so amazing to come home to a clean house!

We also picked up the new car. It is a Honda Pilot EX. I am excited even though I'm not supposed to drive for another week. I did convince hubby to let me take it for a short spin just around the neighborhood to be certain there wasn't any pain in my ankle. The good news is there was no pain. The car rides great and the brakes are sensitive so it is very easy for me to push the brakes without any pain or much pressure. It has an entertainment system that I am still trying to figure out. There are a lot of buttons and such that I am not used to. The CD player and radio in my Civic were pretty straight forward. Now I have to worry about the DVD player and how to direct the sound strictly to the back, to the front, or both, etc. I am struggling to figure out a way to make my iPod play. I have the gadget that plays it through the FM radio but it is ALWAYS fuzzy. So I'm hoping there is a way to use the DVD player headphone system to play my iPod through the speakers. If anyone knows anything about this and can help me, I would LOVE to hear from you. You can leave any advice in the comments or email me at MunchkinMemoirs [at] gmail [dot] com.
Here is a picture of the car. This isn't my actual car but is an image I found through Google of the same style and color as my car.

(found via Google Images)

I do miss my Civic, I really loved that car, but I am really liking the way the Pilot rides. Very smooth and it turns like a dream. It is also much more convenient to get the munchkins in and out of their carseat.** I also like being up higher and being able to see ahead of me. In my little ole Civic, I was one of the lowest riding people on the road and almost every car in front of me blocked my view.

**Yes, my Chihuahuas have a carseat. I am a HUGE advocate of pet car safety, especially after the car accident just over 1 month ago that left me injured and immobile for nearly 6 weeks. If it hadn't been for the canine carseat and safety harnesses, my munchkins would surely not have survived. If you have a pet and he/she rides loose in the car, you might want to rethink that. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at MunchkinMemoirs [at] gmail [dot] com.

Meanwhile, I am beyond disgusted with myself. My Google Reader currently reads 414 unread blog posts...and I've been working on reading through them all morning...in between working, of course!

I have been given some awards recently...well, a couple of them not-so-recently and will try to get them posted very soon!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Blair said...

I love your new car! And congrats for being off crutches, I know you are thrilled!

sprinkles said...

Nice car!

Wonderful news about being off the crutches! I'm so happy for you!!!

Thank you for all the kind words you left on my blog. Very much appreciated!

Sharon said...

Yipee!! Congrats on the no crutches and congrats on the new car!!

:) S and D

Heather said...

SWEET new ride Tiffany! I'm so glad you're progressing with that ankle - I can only imagine how good it must feel to be w/o those dang crutches. Hope you continue to improve!

Cole said...

Cute car!!

Just try not to do too much too soon. I'd hate to see you get hurt again!

Draco and his Mom said...

Yay on moving beyond the crutches, it must me so liberating. Just don't over do it. Your new car is very nice, you will really like it alot better for your road trips.
Take Care
Debra

Jenna said...

Nice car!! I love the new car scent!! ha