Monday, November 30, 2009

Early Thanksgiving

Okay so I was very slack in posting last week. I never posted the pictures from last weekend when we celebrated my Papa J's birthday and Thanksgiving early with my Mom's side of the family. So I am going to start off my Thanksgiving posts with that.

Saturday morning my Mom and I spent in the kitchen. She was baking and cooking numerous dishes to take to my Nanny's and I was making the pumpkin crisp I posted about in last week's Tuesdays at the Table. Hubby was out hunting, of course. He arrived back just in time to watch the pumpkin crisp in the oven while I showered and dressed for the days festivities.

We were one of the last ones to arrive at Nanny's. Normally, they tell us to be there at 12 and the food isn't ready until 1 or later. But that day they were ready early. So, we arrived exactly on time but were still one of the last ones there. But while we waited on the last of the people to arrive, we let the munchkins play in the yard while I snapped some pictures (all taken with my POS point & shoot since my DSLR hadn't yet arrived).

Lexi smelling the flowers.


Bentley looking adorable and wanting to go back inside.


Some of the littles.


My handsome boy again looking adorable!


Sweet little Sunshine!


My Mom and AK. (She belongs to my Mom's youngest sister.)


The Munchkins found a worm!


This is my grandparents' dog Snoopy.


And their other dog Dale.


Would you look at those curls???!!!!



Finally my aunt arrived with the broccoli casserole and it was time to eat! And boy was there some yummy food. My Nanny makes the best dressing and she is very good about leaving all the gross stuff out of it for my Mom and I (ya know like celery, pieces of egg, etc.). My mom made this really yummy dish that was composed of pineapple chunks, cheddar cheese, and Ritz crackers. OMG it was sooooo good! And the pumpkin crisp was a big hit too. There was nothing left at the end of it!

After everybody ate dinner, they decided we all needed a walk around the field to burn it all off. I wasn't able to go because of the still healing ankle so I contented myself to document the trek with photos. It was starting to cool down some so that is why you see several family members with coats or sweatshirts on that don't match their outfits. They were raiding closets to find something warm enough to wear.

This is my Papa, the birthday boy!


My Nanny and my Aunt P.


My Mom and my cousin B.


My little cousin May-May being silly.
This is my girl! She is my Aunt P's (pictured above) oldest and my little sweetheart, MB.

Mama's Munchkins!

Getting ready for the trek.

AM, MB's little sister. Isn't she precious?

This is Ramsey's. He is my cousin B's dog. We're not really sure just WHAT he is!

Little Red Riding Hood? Nope, just adorable AK.

Sisters MB and AM.

On the porch ready for the trek.

PD throwing a temper tantrum because she wanted to go. And of course she got her way!

There they go!

B's dad after eating so much turkey. And yes he WAS snoring.

Coming back from the walk around the field.





Hubby and Bentley.



Me & Lexus. (Sorry for the squinty eyes.)

The whole munchkin family!

After hanging out with the family, hubby was getting antsy to go hunting. I agreed to go sit with him just to have some together time. So the munchkins and I went to the farm with him and watched for deer. We didn't see any but we did see a turkey and then two grey foxes on the road to my Mom's house.

When it was dark we headed back to Mom's to drop off the Munchkins before meeting hubby's family for dinner to celebrate his mother's birthday. Bentley got comfy with my baby brother in the tv chair.

All in all it was a nice early Thanksgiving and double birthday celebration. Lots of good food and good company. More on our 4-day Thanksgiving weekend tomorrow (I hope).

Photobucket

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!! Wow how many kiddos are in that fam??

Amy said...

Looks like you had a great time.. Thanks for sharing and putting all of those pictures up.

Cole said...

What a great Thanksgiving! I think your family might be about as big as mine. :-)

sprinkles said...

Thanks for sharing your pix and memories.

I love that picture of Lexie sniffing the flowers. It reminds me of my old dog Frisky. She used to love to sniff the flowers around my mom's pond and then she'd sneeze and sneeze. (I think I may have told you that before.)

Looks like you have a pretty big family! I wish I had a big, close family. All those little ones are adorable.

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Looks like you had a terrific family holiday! All of the kiddies are just SO cute!!

Woofs and Kisses!!

Cheryl