Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesdays At The Table

First I want to just give a quick update on the Munchkins. They are feeling much better. We stopped adding their wet food to their kibble and that seemed to do the trick. They were as perky as ever yesterday and this morning, although Lexi did have a rough night with the sniffles. The antihistamines don't seem to be working for her. We are going to find out from the vet if there is anything else we can try.

Okay, now on with this week's Tuesdays At The Table as hosted by Cole at All The Small Stuff.


Since the accident my appetite hasn't been very good and I have been in a soup mood. So on Sunday night Dru cooked me some of my potato soup (ya know, since I can't walk and all).

Potato Soup

1 medium onion, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
6 russet baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 can Campbell's Cream of Potato soup
Milk
Low Sodium Chicken broth
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Grated cheese
Crushed bacon pieces

In a large pot saute the minced onions over medium until caramelized. Add in the minced garlic and stir. Add the cubed potatoes and the Cream of Potato soup. Stir to coat. Add enough milk to cover the potatoes and then add about 1/2 cup of the chicken broth. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste. Reduce heat to a medium-low and let the soup simmer until the potatoes are fork tender and the broth has thickened.

In your bowl add the grated cheese (we use Mexican Four Cheese) and the crushed bacon pieces. Enjoy!

Please take a minute and mosey on over Cole's blog and read about what everyone else is cooking!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Cole said...

That soup looks yummy! Dru is so good; cooking for you. :-)

I'm glad the munchkins are feeling better. A while back Carmella had bad allergies and the vet finally told us to give her children's benadryl...

Nadine said...

This sounds absolutely delicious!! I love soup in the wintertime and am always looking for new and yummy recipes. I'll have to print this out and give it a try! This weekend, I made a HUGE pot of Portuguese soup.

I do hope that the munchkins are feeling better today!

Love, Nadine

sprinkles said...

Not a big potato fan (except for chips) but this does sound kind of good! Love soup in the winter.

Glad the munchkins are feeling better.

Don and Diana said...

Hi Tiffany
The soup sounds delicious. I have everything for it so think I will make some tomorrow since I dont have to work tomorrow. I will let you know how it works out!!

Diana

Don and Diana said...

Oh BTW We are glad that the munchkins are feeling better :-)

Diana

darnold23 said...

There's just something homey and inviting about potato soup. Yours sounds really good. Thanks for sharing it. Come share a slow cooker favorite for Crock Pot Wednesday whenever you get a chance.