Friday, October 16, 2009

Shopping Withdrawals

Yes, I think I am beginning to suffer from shopping withdrawals. Seriously. I love to shop...well...I love the idea of shopping. I say that because every shopping expedition starts out with me very excitedly rifling through the racks in search of a cute outfit. By the end of my shopping expedition, I hate it. I have a hard time finding clothes that fit me right because I have a very weirdly shaped body. It's hard to explain, but trust me, I do. And normally when I find a cute shirt that I fall in love with, 9 times out of 10, even though it is my size, it doesn't fit right because they don't seem to make small shirts for small girls with boobs. I can't even count the number of times I've found a cute strappy dress or shirt, tried it on in the dressing room and then had to immediately take it off without walking out to show it off to the hubby because all but my nipples were showing. Seriously. And trying on the next size up doesn't help because it is too long, too loose, too low-cut because it is a bigger size, etc. It seems I can't win sometimes.

But, in spite of all of that, I still love shopping. Since the munchkins came into my life the shopping that I would do for me and hubby turned into shopping for them. I would much rather buy a cute outfit, toy, bag of treats, etc. for them than a cute outfit for myself. But it is getting to the point now where they have so many clothes I have nowhere to store all of them, so many toys that they can't possibly play with them all, and bags upon bags of treats because they are so small and are only allowed a little bit at a time. So, the shopping bug has begun to hit me again. This accompanied with the fact that I seriously need to update my fall and winter wardrobes has me wishing these crutches away so I can hit up all of my favorite stores.

It's true that I could shop online and have the chosen items delivered straight to my door, but where is the fun in that? There is nothing like the thrill of combing through the racks and shelves to put together an adorable fall outfit for work or for play that actually fits. And too, I hate getting an item in the mail that I have ordered and grown so excited about only to receive it and realize it doesn't fit, or it wasn't the color I thought it was, or that it just simply looks atrocious on me because I'm not as tall or thin as the toothpicks that model it. Don't get me wrong though, I do occasionally utilize my web surfing prowess to score a cute shirt, skirt, dress, or shoes.

Despite my ever-increasing withdrawals from the joys of shopping, I will not be discarding my crutches in order to limp around some store in search of a cute fall shirt or jeans any time soon. My pocketbook at the moment won't let me. But, you would probably be safe in betting that the moment the doctors give me the okay to shed my crutches, I will be out indulging my retail hankering. I guess I better get to saving up some cashola for when that time rolls around!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Dip-Dip and The Bridge said...

What is it about chihuahua kids that makes it more fun shopping for them than yourself! I am the same, my favourite shops are now pet shops and second favourite book shops, clothes shopping just drives me mad :(
Lynne

mylittlebecky said...

seriously! what is up with the cut of clothes not allowing for boobage! ca-razy and frustrating!

sprinkles said...

I'm a shopper too! Love it! Don't think I'll be doing any of it any time soon though since I no longer have a job. :(

Nadine said...

Tiffany, I'm just like you, I love to shop, but now I shop for the furkids instead of myself!! I just can't help it, I'm addicted to shopping for them and sorely neglect myself.